Badgerbuckhunter

IR Digital Concepts 2.1 Mod

46 posts in this topic

Messing with it at work and thought how would it look with an IR mod done. Very easy to do. I don't know what it looks like in the day. The photo is in a small storage room about 15' to the wall. 1 layer of Edmunds filter. :hags:

gypsy, It's actually a micro thin filter and not part of the lens, so the focus isn't messed up. :cheers:

Good deal Badgerbuck! Most Cmos read near IR pretty well and had thought about looking but had been so busy I hadn't had a chance and figured it would be glass. Great contribution.

About how thick was the IR material? was it about the thickness ao a transparency sheet or thinner?

As long as its clear, a piece of transparency film may work to replace it. Might be worth looking at.

Where can you pick up one of these cameras?

Badger, that is great find on the IR! Should help solve the problem with the poor night pics for sure!

I'm going to ask my wife for my allowance for the week :roll2: and buy another, and find out the thickness. I set the one I took off to the side and it got lost before I got it mic'ed. Orrrrrrr the lens is set up to adjust the focus, they just superglue the threads. Hmmmm maybe I'll try to disolve the glue and adjust.

Badgerbuck, I did a IR mod this morning. I don't think its the glass, but re-attaching the apiture. With the location, it really doesn't affect focus from what I see. It appears to be about 1/64".

Here is a pic from one w/o the mod under my desk with no flash. It will be followed by one with the mod.