Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hill Hopper

Samsung A402

26 posts in this topic

A few weeks ago I think it was Jag, please excuse me if I have the wrong person, did some rudimentry tests on this cam and thought it slowed down when a card was added. I kind of ignored it for a while after that. Lately Elkaholic posted some stuff on it on Don's site that sparked my interest again. I got one today and by all appearance it does appear that it may be a 3 second +- cam. I know Jeff did his own research and testing on it, and I plan to start too. As he was the first I saw on the web to post some of his research, out of curtisy I'm going to wait a little to give him time to publish his mods before I publish any. It is a fairly easy camera to modify. When I finish my own testing I'll send sequencing to Brian for my own chips, and if he wants to use it for others it will be available too. The mods will probibly be a 4 wire based on the limited testing I've do so far.

The flash is a little limited on this camera, but adequate. I'm sure a flash enhancer will help, but ought to make a pretty dynamic unit with a slave.

post-4-1116384348_thumb.jpg

Butch ,

I am pretty sure Jeff told me it was around a 2 to 2.5 second camera ( maybe he tried something different ) . The thing takes great pictures and the price is right for them on a 4 mp camera . I was noty to pleased with the flash either but , like you sais a FE or a slave would settle that issue .

Jeff posted sample pictures from a test unit he put togeather . You can see them HERE .

I think he said he was going to release them sometime next week .

Don

Edited by D Letho

It appears to be only a 2-2.5 if you refresh it often enough you'd exaust the batteries fairly rapidly. This appears to be the case with many cameras this year.

Thats one thing he is testing now on it . Not sure on battery life . Sure would be nice to find a new cam still out there with a great price tag on it . :pray:

Edited by D Letho

I'll be programming some chips today and putting in the tester. Should have fairly final sequencing by the end of the week or weekend.

Samsung makes another camera that looks just like the Sony P41. It is the Digimax 4010. It is a 4X digital zoom. They are going for less than $100 on eBay. Has anyone tried to hack one of these?

most in the past have not met any decent speed standard.

PDF Mods are up on Dead Deer. I will probibly revise these soon to add a little clarity. Basic mods are there though.

Samsung A402 Mods

Just watched Jeff's Sumsung A402 video mod and he used 6 wire servo, Butch you only show a 4 wire mod? Which one is correct?? :o Or do they both work??

BD ,

Jeffs video shows you how to add external power at the same time .

Maybe I should turn up the volume next time?? I didn't know if I could handle hearing his voice, LOL :D Actually, the company I work for is to cheap to buy computers with speaker in them, so I don't have the option of hearing the video. Sorry. :rolleyes:

Watched the video(with volume) :) and I read the file Thanks to both of you !!! Looks like a nice option From what I remember it is going to be around 3 second shutter time which isnt bad but how is the flash will we have to use a slave flash ? will Brian have to reprogram a chip for a BG1 to operate this camera?....treetop

Flash was not all that good . I would say a little better than the 2.1 cam . I would say a SF would be needed .

Here is a pictuire Jeff posted at 30' with FE ( no slave )

The IR pics he took look great and the camera will stay B/W when powered down .

Edited by D Letho