Hill Hopper

How Far to your main hunting grounds

The places I hunt are in very different places. One is 30 min, public hunting. One is an hour fifteen min, private and where I do most of my hunting. One is 3 hours and has the best hunting but is also public. I have a mile hike there also. after I get out of my truck. Long drag also when I am lucky. MC. :)

Ummm Jagg?? That must be someone else's wife you've been talking to cuz i'm not married!

hmmmmmm sure hope Mrs. Jaggermax isn't a cam builder!

:o

darn, should have figured you were not married! :P

:D LOL Vman , They just don't have a good sense of humor at times like that do they :P

Mine even hollars when I shoot the 22 from the dineing room :)

I can be sitting in one of my stands with a smile on my face in less than 15 min. I love this game! Oh wrong sport. These guys are good!! Oh. wrong sport again. If you ain't huntin you aint livin! There we go.

My area starts out the back door. Or I can go out the front and cross the road. Makes it very nice!

HH,

I will probably get booooed out of here but I can step out my door and if I rangefind the closest hunting spot it is 200 yards, from there it goes for about 1000 miles in all directions B)

One nice thing about CANADA is 95% of all land is CROWN (owned by the people,run by govt)

About an hour for the main spot, otherwise I have a backup location about 30 min. Then there are others farther away, but I rarely go there.

Dave,

But just think about all the traffic, smog, pollution, and crowds you are missing out on? :unsure:

My parent's farm (out of state) where I've hunted deer for the last 18 years is 1.5 hours away, but this year I'm going to try an in-laws' friend's farm in-state that is 45 minutes away. My turkey spot is 15 minutes away.

I'm confused Jaggermax, doesn't your avatar on JHP say "Southern Miss" :blink::D

My hunting spot is/was right next to my house...I can see the house from my stand, but now that I have been getting pictures of most of the busck in the area and many of them have names now, I may have to hunt at another spot about 10 miles away. :P

I hunt right out my back door,or as far away as 2.5 hours,most hunting is within 30 minutes.

Main hunting ground is about a 1/2 mile from where I live now, though some of it actually connects to my yard. In fact, in the spring, I can listen for the turkeys gobbling from my driveway before I go after one.

Other than that, other hunting places (public land) are within a twenty mile circle. One other one, my grandpa's place in Arkansas, is about 5-1/2 hours away.

5 miles from the house.

Vic