mayville1

Maybe Selling Camera

Well nobody ever answered the question of how much they would pay.

I will have to first see what it turns out like. I do not know your skill level, what kind of warranty will be offered or what support will be available. Are you a reputable seller? These things matter to me.

If I were to buy a SSS, I know I will be getting a well engineered unit, built with professional level skills, and I know it will have been designed for ease of use and outstanding performance. I know Gary has been involved in research and development since the conception of the home brew cameras and has probably gone through many thousands of dollars of his own money to get to where he is. I believe he has likely 20~30 thousand dollars or more in inventory and supplies, so getting warranty work, if there is ever a need, will not be an issue. I know he puts his customers on top of the list, far above his personal needs. I know I will be treated with respect and dignity, and and in a professional manor, if I have a problem with my unit, no matter who's fault it is.

When I buy a product from SnapShotSnipper, it is backed by an outstanding reputation and much more.

What will you be offering? And do you have anything to contribute to the site, or are you just here to use what free information we offer and buy parts from the generous people that offer them and run with the money?

These are things I consider when I spend my money, and what kind of person is it going to?

If you think he is too high, you are wrong...and you will eventually see this.

If you want to see too high, look at what else is for sale...say something in Cabalas.

I will give you credit though, the ultimate compliment is when someone wants to copy your stuff :D

Get back to me when your camera is done :ThumbsUp:

Post # 15

I posted the 1/800 of a sec because thats what I read when I looked at the camera info of the P-32 on ebay

I didnt get 1/800 from Sony I got it off a description from e-bay

THANKS FOR EVERYONES HELP

Now that everybody is done telling me what I did wrong can someone answer my question like 212 said.

212-

To answer your questions

My dad is an electrician and I learn a lot from him so if I get stuck he can help me. He fixes thru-hole machines and repairs boards on them so he knows a lot about this kind of stuff. He has also hand built boards and has machines that build boards also.

I plan on building these and getting used to how they work so I can eventually help other new people answer questions about there camera systems.

They will have a 30 day money back warranty

(Void if it is tampered with) Ex) Taking camera apart, or doing any other modification that could disturb any of the parts I put into the Box.

You can tell who ISN"T an engineer. They can spell.

I still aint figured out what ghoot means anyway. Aint it like some kind of disease. :D:D

like vd or something. :roll2:

Good luck newbie and take your time. I have sold a few cams myself but not really for a profit mainly just for the LOVE of building. As a matter of fact Im getting rid of a 370 ir that just sits around to a youngen at what it cost me to build.Not that I want to get rid of it but heck I help a kid out and will have to build another one sometime. Cant be short on the inventor the wife thinks I have. :D:D:D

Oh sorry for the ghoot thing Gary But I just had to :roll2:

Bump up that warranty manyville.

I give one year on all my units.

I guess when you are confident of the parts & workmanship,

you can offer a year. Wow tooted my own horn LOL.

gyp

This Mayville is just a young kid who doesnt have a complete grasp on reality.

K

How about 6months

Mayville this isnt a bartering session. Reputable builders will stand by their cameras. I have sold a few and have had to refund one back simply cause the customer didn't like the setup. If your customer isnt happy you lose.

Like the others say, build a few, get to know how they work and the intrinsics of putting them together in a neat and professional manner. It takes time and effort. There are too many good builders out here to purchase anything from someone who is as inexperienced as you are, and reluctant to stand behind his product. That is not an insult, just a fact.

Put your bullheadedness aside and listen to the fine folks here. Nothing but good advice is being given to you. Do your homework and pay your dues and if then you want to sell cams I bet you will be able to make a camera that you have the confidence to stand behind. That confidence will be the result of knowledge and ability instead of the pipedreams filling your head now.

I'm a newbie too, but I understand that these guys and gals can take some teasing, but being rude is, well, simply offensive.

Put your bullheadedness

This Mayville is just a young kid who doesnt have a complete grasp on reality

Some people need to take Calpos advice too!!!!!

OKAY lets not be immature, Just answer the question that I asked

HOW MUCH WOULD YOU PAY FOR IT???

Heres some examples- $25, $100, $150, $200, $250, $300, $340,

ANY PRICE YOU FEEL LIKE PUTTING

Honestly, if you haven't been doing it for a while and have a good understanding of the operations, potential problems and pitfalls, $0. Just being honest. I wouldn't buy one. If you had been building for a decent period of time and had the oportunity to see how well your units performed in adverse conditions, it would depend on the quality of the build. Probibly $250-$400

mayville1 I think thats what most are trying to do without being rude. Most of us know what goes into a unit and how many ways you can screw one up. Its gotten a lot easier, but its still not a tinker toy set.

For a "first" build, I would think you would have trouble getting your money back.

P-32 Sony's (used) in like new condition are getting hard to come by and are not cheap. On the other hand, not many people would buy a trail cam setup as new with a used camera in it. Do the math on the camera, board, and water proof case without any extras and see what you come up with. Add in a few more dollars for the equipment needed to build the cam. Then post how much you would have to have just to make 5 dollars. Just my :2cents: worth :nowar:

If I was to buy one of your first 10 setups I would only pay what I could build one for. And I wait for a GREAT deal for a camera,like 100. for a p41. After that maybe when you start being able to answer peoples questions about trouble shooting problems ,the price would go up. I guess the more you know and can solve on your own the more you can charge. So then if I felt you coud solve my problem if I had any with your unit then the price would go up.Say anywhere from 2 to 3 hundred bucks.

mayville1, You need to first build a number of cams and read read and read more about how to how to improve and what can you do to help your customers, after you get set up where you build quality units like Cammando, Treetop, HH, Gary, HN, Cook, and so many more just some I thought off the top of my head! Im only 16 im working on building my first unit as well I have a lot to learn but the questions your asking I know most of the answers to I joined this site on Nov 2, and before then I had no clue about a trail camera I have learned so much in these 28 days and have got very interested in this hobby! I know that I still have tons on info to learn and Yes i also thought about selling cams lol but before i worry about selling cams I want to build me a few (10) or more then for friends and let them use them and if they like them they can buy and I could help them with there problems so I get some knowledge of what to expect when If i sold to someone 1000 miles away! Just my :2cents:

Like Chris said, build some and sell to friends for your cost. You will get plenty of trouble shooting skills from them( i always do). Then you can start selling to others when you know you have a good product that you can stand behind. Also one that looks like a store bought cam.