Sign in to follow this  
bucksnort

My biggest Buck on Cam

Well i stopped at my neighbors yesterday to see if he did any good in archery season. He procedes to tell me that he killed the buck that i gave him a picture of. I learned a valuable lesson from that. Never show anybody a pic of a nice buck that hunts and lives near you. I was so hoping to have a crack at him this coming season. He looks a lot bigger in the pic that he showed me of him holding his rack. I'll be sure to post another pic of him after he gets the mount back. I want to get some measurements from him. Here's the pic i got of him on the 1st day of archery season.

Man, I remember this pic and how you were hoping to see him sometime again. Big downer!

Yeah I question about showing cam pics around in NJ, guys will come to where you hunt, follow you around, etc. I enjoy sharing them, but I understand the concern you can have when you do.

I would say if they are hunting the same area, and it is small, yeah best off keeping them to yourself. I hunt public lands and they are somewhat big (14,000 acres or so), so unless someone wants to track me down it the woods, they have some property to cover.

Best of luck next year, hopefully he passed on his genetics or his daddy is running around there! :cheers:

Yeah the woods behind my house are very small and i did see another nice 8pt after the seasons were over so hopefully he'll be a dandy come next season.

Chances are the neighbor was hunting where he would have been anyways thats hunting right place right time at least you get to see it after instead of someone you don't know. Good luck on the eight next year . Great before pic!! :cool:

yes i even said congrats to him and i'm glad to know that he was taken by someone i know and not a vehicle which is common around here.

I love long brow tines. Too bad bucksnot. From now on, you ain't telling nothing to nobody...........? :huh: :no:

good luck on the 8!

Same here. I told the landowner and sent him a link to a pic I had on the net. Next thing I knew he told his sons and brother which was OK but they told others and it just snowballed from there. I bet there were a couple hundred people that knew of the deer before rifle season started. In fact, someone had arrowed him high in the shoulder that was not a fatal wound that we found during caping him. Luckily my dad ended up getting him opening morning about 11am. He was a 9x8 scoring about 173.

Mike

Lesson learned for sure. Sometimes you gotta learn the hard way :footinmouth:

I have a hard time telling myself about bucks I see or get on cam, much less anyone else. It is a snowball effect, no doubt.

I have too many hours and gas mileage invested every year to talk about what I see.

It's hard not to show the pics or at least tell someone, but boy does it payoff when you're the only one that really knows whats in the area.

Sorry man....I feel for you.

Mum's the Word! I hunt ublic land also (26,000 acres) and I'm carefull who I show pics to. These guys might not follow me to the woods, but with the way I work 7 days out and 7 days in, they surely will hunt the area while I'm at work. I had one of the 8pt's that my boy got on film at 25 yards last week and didn't get a shot due to limbs. Bow season ends tomorrow, but I have given up already. :cheers: