Sign in to follow this  
mrdean

p52 sss finished

:D I finally found some time to finish my p52 with a sss board and in an electrical LB box. Takes great pics but all I get are crows!!!

Thanks for the replies.

I have had it in the woods a couple of weeks, in all kinds of weather. No leaks and works great. I wanted to hang it vertical, but the PIR would not turn 90 degrees, I could only get 1/4 turn, the legs needed to be longer.

Great idea, mrdean. What size is the LB? How did you seal the glass over the shutter? :cool:

Very neet setup. Has anybody looked at replacing the PIR for an Omni directional quad element like the RE46B. This might be a solution for mounting the unit vertically.

PIR :2cents:

Ray.

rambow- the lb box is a 240 volt connector approximately 10" long by 3" wide. I glued a abs screw-on end cap that allows me access to the sss buttons and screws. The glass was siliconed to the inner stop in the connector, it's as if they knew I needed something to rest the glass on! I also replaced the back cover gasket with 2mm neoprene, and the screws with studs/wing nuts.

rberube- Ghoot was VERY helpful and even offered a PIR with longer legs, but I think this one will be fine horiz.

:cool: setup for sure :cheers:

Here is a pic from the p52, the crows really liked the bait I had set up. I had also sprinkled some fox urine, that usually brings the yotes.