jcosmo

Good Little Program

Here is a link a website that has a neat little program (free) for reducing a photo's size. This should help some people in posting pictures. It renames the photos and puts an "X" behind the new reduced size picture, leaving the original photo alone. :cool:

I know there are many other programs that will do it, but this is just another option.

jcosmo

I'll give you one another one for resizing pics....

For those of you using Win XP check out the XP PowerToys: Miscrosft XP Power Toys There are several kinda cool ones here. The image resize one is neat. Just click on the ImageReiszer.exe file in the files listed on the right hand side of sreen. Install on your puter. Then, when you are in Win File Explorer just right click on a file or group of files and you'll see Resize Pictures listed in the list. Click on that and select the size you want to change them too. It will actually make a copy of them. Very useful for resizing a batch of pics.

For those of you not using XP, MS has some PowerToys for other operating systems but I have no experience with them.

Enjoy!

Yea, i love that resize add-on to XP, use it all the time. There are also a few other cool PowerToys add-ons on that site.

Edited by SouthernStyle

SS,

This one looks cool too! Thanks for the link!

Webcam Timershot

This PowerToy lets you take pictures at specified time intervals from a Webcam connected to your computer and save them to a location that you designate.

First I heard of the power toys. That make resizing verry easy. I always used xnview in the past and thought it was easy.

Edited by encorepistol

I have used all above and they are save tons of time and effort. The following link takes you to a program that takes it a step farther and allows for full folders to be converted to mulltiple sizes and formats. I have now started using this one exclusively as it really does the job.

PIXresizer

Enjoy

Here is one I downloaded last night and tried out,I like it so far..

Irfanveiw

and a place that answers questions about how to use it.

HERE

Ok please excuse my ignorance on this subject, but the one Southerstyle posted, I downloaded it but I have not a clue what you mean when you said Win File Explorer or how you would resize a pic. I use a couple of different ones but mine are from picture program software like ACDSee. :doh: HELP!

After you download the file you must Install it. Just double-click the file that you downloaded and Windows will walk you through the installation.

After the installation is complete you can open Windows Explorer by right-clicking your Start menu and select Explore. This will give a window to browse your entire computer. Browse to a picture that you want to resize and right click the picture file. The popup menu will have an option to Resize. Select it and follow the options on the next window. Very easy to use and doesn't require opening of another program.

Post back if you have more questions.

OK now I got it! I downloaded it but I didn't finish installing it. And it works...... That's pretty cool. Everything at your fingertips. Thanks very much! :ThumbsUp:

wont work for me. :huh:

If your running Vista, nothing is compatible with it!

Edited by Abby