Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thehunter

Samsung A402

6 posts in this topic

How hard is it to make an IR unit with an A402. I will be using a slave flash with it so I am not worried about the camera only as a flash source.

Do you have a link on how to modify. :blink:

Where to buy IR filter material and other IR parts

Hello you can see the mod my clicking camera mods on this site: http://trailsendcams.com/ you can also get the IR supplies there, the owner is Gddean from this site. He has wonderful products and customer service, hope this helps

thehunter,

Do a search with the title ( focus of the ir samsung ). This should get you started.

tree sight

The a402 is a very simply camera to preform an IR hack on. Follow my Mod and then after you remove the cut filter. Take a small pair of dividers or small screwdriver and unscrew the lens assembly. This can be done by placing the dividers or screw driver in the lens retaining nut groove and instead of pushing on the nut, dig into the side of the plastic. This is the lens assembly housing. The housing has a dot of lock tight that has to be broken, so it will be a little tight, but you will be able to break it free. Turn or push the assembly counter clockwise. It is a good idea to put a line across it so you know where you start. You only need to turn it a small amount. I forget how much it has been awhile. Butch might be able to shed more light on this. Just make sure you are tunring the assembly and not the retaining ring. The picture below is shown with the complete lens assembly removed. This is how the camera is focused at the factory. I found this out one day while messing with the unit. Just thought I would pass it along. Since the glass is so thin there is not need to replace it.

post-959-1144447791_thumb.jpg

I can't remember either but I think its around a quarter of a turn plus a little. There is a narrow area where it works and can take some trial and error. Its easy to do, but enter at your own risk. Thanks for the mod George.

If all the lenses come out together in this one body, is this the body or housing with the 3.5 apeture? Could the apeture be bored out so that the camera could possibly pic up more light? Or do you think this would mess up the exposure time, or would the exposure just compensate for it? Just thinking out loud.

tree sight

Edited by tree sight