SouthernStyle

Looking for recommendations for 7mm-08 rifle

I ordered a Savage Weather Warrior (synthetic stock, stainless) in 7mm-08 with detachable clip. The 7mm-08 is a necked down .308. It should be in today or tomorrow :) CB I have two Browning 30-06's- good caliber, wanted to add something different in a short action to the collection :)

The more research I did on the Savages and especially the Accu-Trigger the more I wanted to try one. The trigger systems is impressive to say the least. Just about all the reviews raved about it. If you go to a Bass Pro shops ask them if they have the Accu-Trigger display that you can look and and see how the system works. A friend of mine was equally impressed and he ordered one too (he wasn't even looking to buy a new rifle :) ) I've never owned a Savage and try not to be too "brand biased" in anything that I buy whether it's guns, bows or socks :) Thanks to Otto for tweaking my interest in the Savages.

I'll post my "objective" review of it when I get it set up.

Now to decide what scope I want!!

I've had good luck with my Nikons, Read a review here

The 2.5 X 10 X 50 would cover a lot of different shooting situations, especially piggies and deer. :P

I ordered a Savage Weather Warrior (synthetic stock, stainless) in 7mm-08 with detachable clip. The 7mm-08 is a necked down .308. It should be in today or tomorrow :) CB I have two Browning 30-06's- good caliber, wanted to add something different in a short action to the collection :)

The more research I did on the Savages and especially the Accu-Trigger the more I wanted to try one. The trigger systems is impressive to say the least. Just about all the reviews raved about it. If you go to a Bass Pro shops ask them if they have the Accu-Trigger display that you can look and and see how the system works. A friend of mine was equally impressed and he ordered one too (he wasn't even looking to buy a new rifle :) ) I've never owned a Savage and try not to be too "brand biased" in anything that I buy whether it's guns, bows or socks :) Thanks to Otto for tweaking my interest in the Savages.

I'll post my "objective" review of it when I get it set up.

Now to decide what scope I want!!

You will love the Accu-Trigger. I have a Savage 12BVSS in 25-06 and I didn't even change the trigger setting after pulling it out of the box. I put a Burris Fullfield II 3.5-10x50 scope on it so far it's been a deadly combo for beavers and coyotes. This will be it's first deer season. B)B)

savage1bc.jpg

The Savages are the best shooting rifle out of the box from what I have been reading about for the past year. Also if your ever looking to change calibers someday, you can get another barrel for any caliber in which the case will fit the action and bolt head and it's a simple change out you can do yourself.

Here is a link to a Savage rifles site which has a ton of info on them,

http://www.savageshooters.net/index.html

They also have a lot of good aftermarket triggers and such for them as well.

For the money, and accuracy, they are hard to beat.