Welby

Forum Etiquette

I NEVER joke or goof around & things like that.

BUT, I do have to ask Goose why he thinks I am an "YOUNG Fart" ?

I am probubly the oldest FART on here. :P The "biggest FART" is Welby,

and SS runs a close second.

Well, I do have to wonder about OLD HH, He is in there somewhere too!!!

Is he older than I am?? or just another loud fard ??

Well I won't get into this. I will just sit back and be that nice senior citizen that I normaly am B)

You see MrRee you proved my point that jokes can be taken the wrong way. Even I don't know if I offended you with the "old fart" comment or if you are just pickin on me. Did I offend anyone with the computer geek comment, besides myself?

Profanity filter works well hags! :D

It will not even let you say darn%. Man, that is stricter than my grandmother! ;)

Getting back to the topic at hand, what is the general level of acceptance from everyone for Christian, Biblical or otherwise religious posts, topics, or references?

Personally, I'm a Christian, though not always a shining example of one. :unsure: However, I realize that other people do not share the same convictions or beliefs as I. While I've never been overzealous or pushy about it (I think) on any forum, I'm not ashamed to share what I believe or make such references when I feel it is appropriate.

If that is disallowed, then I might be as well. What are your feelings?

I'm a Christian too Welby... doesn't bother me to see posts reflecting one's beliefs. It is an opinion like everything else we post about.

I don't try to rub it in other people's faces either tho. Just like I don't like the alternative lifestyle crap rubbed in my face because I disagree with it. I can "tolerate" alot just don't "jump up and down in front of me screaming it all the time" is the attitude I have. For things that reflect what may be "controversial" I think moderation is the key.

I agree with SS too !

HH, you talking days here ??

Goose, I AM an old fart so how could you offend me ? :P

SS, would "old Toot" be a better choice ?? :P

Welby,

I am also a Christian and thank God for EVERYTHING...even the ability to build a trailcam and a green earth to set it out on. As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing wrong with being publicly open about it...that is kind of a requirement if you are a Christian.

One thing that I don't like though, and I think you will agree, is someone preaching at me (my wife takes care of that :lol: ). There is a big difference between sharing your beliefs and making people feel like they are beneith you because of your beliefs. I'm not saying that toward you, but you know the kind of people I'm talking about. Like you said:

"Personally, I'm a Christian, though not always a shining example of one."

If all Christians (even the preacher) were honest with themselves, they would say the same thing...at least it's darn sure that way for me.

God Bless,

ghoot

I agree with you guys also on the Christian stuff. I also am a Christian and try to follow God and his examples. Like just mentioned no always the best example. Glad to see so many here the same way. Take care all and good luck this season. MC.

Since we're on the "Etiquette" issue. What are the rules on selling stuff? I will be selling some cams and accesories (batteries and media cards) and also proffessionally camoed cases from a website in the near future, and I know as soon as someone finds it, it will be mentioned in the forums. I don't feel like I've done anything to upset anyone, and sure don't want to get any problems started here, but just to avoid them, what are the rules on this stuff?

ghoot

ghoot......go nuts....

I mean it's your work and you can sell whatever you want......Place a link in the "Store Front" sub forum at the top of the page when your ready to sell. There are people that don't care to build their own, so I'd rather have them buy from members then buy commercial.......keeps the ideas flowing and gives you a place to dump the extras.

The only rule I will enforce is the copying of items without permission.....regardless if you sell to the public or to members.

Before I get asked I'll try to explain.....

The ideas and process of building the homemade trail camera is everyones property and all are welcome to use it. The components that create the homemade trail camera may or may not be everyones property to use.....if you buy it from the source or member that created the component, then your free to sell it. If you copy it without permission, then you are not free to sell it....

Each member that creates a component may have other rules on selling their stuff, but I think they have all given permission to resell their items, if you bought the part from them. Don't take my statement as an OK to just go ahead, make sure you ask if they are alright with you reselling their stuff.

Let's take an example, we'll use the X10 and X10 opto board for this.

You want to use the X10 and X10 opto board in your commercial cameras. I don't have the rights to the X10 sensor, so you can buy that anywhere and use it in your commercial cameras. I helped in the developement of the X10 opto board and with Brian's permission I am able to produce the X10 opto boards for sale.....Every X10 opto board you buy from me is fine to sell in a commercial camera, so now you have permission to sell my opto board in your commercial cameras.

If you wanted to try your hand at making a clone of the opto board for your commercial cameras you would then have to ask again for permission to copy the opto board and see if it was OK with me....and then I would have to ask the true creator, Brian, and ask him if it was OK.

If permission was granted it would then be OK for you to create the same opto board and resell them in the agreed apon manner. The "agreed apon manner" is kind of important also.

The permission granted should not be taken as your good to do whatever you wish now that you have permission.....make sure any new adventure with the same product has additional permission.

The forum is an open source of information, but it does have to protect those that create components to use in homemade trail cameras. The permission thing can be a simple "go nuts, do whatever you want with the thing" to a contract or royality agreement between the creator and the interested party drawn up by an attorney. The decision is all with the person who made the component and what he wants for his creation.

A sub-clone or a slight change in the component does not negate the need for permission...if you truly want an exclusive product that doesn't require permission, then it's best to have it created for you....and I bet there are even members who would help to do this.

Anyone caught copying components will be placed on Admin. Hold and the violated member (cretaor) will have the final decision if that member is banned or not. Further prosecution is totally up to the violated member and will not be pursued by me or Hag's House....I will also stand by the decision of the member violated if the evidence is sufficient....even if the majority of members want the violator back.

hags

Thanks Hags....now where is that "Hag's House Rocks" icon at? :D

A personal pet peeve of mine relates to feuds between members that are carried on in an open forum. In my opinion, that’s not only unnecessary, but unhealthy for any website.

The following is my suggestion only, not a directive from any higher authority (hags).

For the sake of this website (or any other) and the other members, if you have a problem with someone or something that was said, please take it up with that member privately instead of subjecting everyone else to the torment of having to wade through another argument.

If that fails, contact a Moderator or Administrator about the problem and see if they can help you reach a positive resolution.

Again, that’s just my thoughts. But then again, this is partially the reason we’re all here in the first place.