yetinme

The S600 is now faster and quieter

19 posts in this topic

Well, we now finally have a real reason to do a four wire mod on the S600.

I did basically the same thing I did with the S40 http://hagshouse.ipbhost.com/forums/index....c=24139&hl=

The mods seem to save .4 seconds and noise is a lot less. I won't get the mods posted tonight but they are a lot easier than the S40 mods and I should be able to post tomorrow.

The downsides are the same as the S40 but nothing too difficult to overcome.

Next I will try to find the lens feedback and see if I can get the lens to not move at all.

Wish me luck!

Mark

Edited by yetinme

Pretty neat stuff Mark if you can find a way to fool the cam and leave the lens open all the time that would be a great hack. Thanks for all the R & D

Thanks Mark! you might be saving the trail cam world now with the P41, P32, D-380, D-370 becoming scarce

Thanks for all the nice comments but keep in mind this is really a group effort from a lot of members.

All of the board manufactures on this site have been extremely helpful and there are non suppliers that dump a lot of money in to research as well.

It is cool to watch the things that can happen with this stuff when there isn't a big fight over who thought of the ideas first.

FZNYupr has some additional ideas about how to speed up the process more that we will be trying out tonight and there is also some work going into finding the feedback for the lens and trying to disable it from moving at all.

One other camera I would like to try this with is the DSC-W5. It is already close to the speed of a P41 and with Ghoots no SA hack, it might be a reall good camera. Oh yeah, the IR glass is easy to get out too. This camera is probably my favorite camera for speed.

Mark

Edited by yetinme

great work Mark

keep us posted on the DSC-W5

Here is the hack for the S600. I haven't created a video showing the difference but there is a real difference. I have some stereo jacks on order that I hope will allow easier use of the cam outside the case.

Mark

Modification_document_for_the_Sony_DSCS600_Version_2.pdf

Edited by yetinme

Just made some quick changes to the document.

Thanks Bat for the Help!

Mark

No problem Mark, great work.. :)

That looks pretty easy mark.. Cool :)

Very nice :D For those of you asking if a Yeti board can be used in a pipe through, here s proof. It makes a Sweeeet unit. You can turn the rapid pic off with a dip switch and you don't lose your lowest time delay. The range and speed is awesome!

Cybersniper

post-754-1168400304_thumb.jpg

Mark will this interfere with viewing the pictures also?