Verbatim Corporate Secure USB Drive

I just loaded up my new 2 gig USB drive I got for Christmas and guess what?

The dang thing won't open up for me, now all of my pics and work stuff is locked in this thing!

Anyone have experience with these things?

It is a 2 Gig Verbatim 'store n go' Corporate Secure USB Drive and this is the error I get when I insert into my computer...

Secure Drive Error! Your Secure Drive could not start. Please remove your Secure Drive and try again.

I do this and keep getting the same message, their website is not very helpful either.

Any ideas? I am at work and need the data ASAP

Edited by mrdean

Not sure but..Sounds like if your at work then your work puter don't have the needed USB drivers installed for that specific drive. Thought all them things just worked automatic and all puters would open them but apparently not.. Check with your IT department there and ask them if the systems are fully enambled for usb stuff. Maybe they not want such for security purposes. If your work situation is not that type of corp environment then just get the drives install software from home and install it there at work.

Thanks Strungout but I have admin privledges on this puter and I had the USB drive open this morning. Worked great for about 1 hour then when I came back from lunch and put my USB drive back in I got that error.

Now I get this message...

S2DevControlListener:ExmpSrv.exe-Application Error

Yea sounds like if ya had access then it should continue as such don't it..

Have no idea what that error means exactly but it sure sounds like (if read between the lines) that ya got no rights to be using that drive on that system and now there is software letting you know it....obviously something or somebody has things configured wrongly for what yer wanting to do.. sorry I know I am not being much help now..

Just some input. Was the drive shut down before you removed it from the computer? Does it work on your home computer?

Hi Abby,

yes I always shut down my drive before I remove them. I am at work for the next 7 days, so I can't try my home puter. I did try another stand alone system here at work and got the same message. I've tried my old Sony thumb drive (the one I removed the data from) and it works fine. I sure wish I hadn't deleted that one.

Hi Abby,

yes I always shut down my drive before I remove them. I am at work for the next 7 days, so I can't try my home puter. I did try another stand alone system here at work and got the same message. I've tried my old Sony thumb drive (the one I removed the data from) and it works fine. I sure wish I hadn't deleted that one.

By any chance could you have by accident deleted any files from the thumb drive?

Never say never, I possibly could have, but I double checked that the files were there and readable before shutting down and removing the drive. I am using XP and drivers should not be a problem, the drive has a very sophisticated mTrust protection that locks the data after 10 wrong access attempts. But I haven't even been able to get that far.

I would question the Operating system you are usig at work versus at home.Need more info-did you load software/drivers for this to work at home and etc.............. :)

Hi Vic,

I can be long winded so please bear with me.

I use XP at home and at work. The drive is plug and play, the security software autoruns and I set up the password on my home computer. Then I brought it to work with me today (3 hours to get here), transferred my data from my old Sony flash drive to this new fancy Verbatim. It asked for my password and worked great. I then double checked to ensure the data had been transferred, then erased the data from my old drive. Then shut down both drives and removed them. I came back from lunch and inserted my new Verbatim drive into the USB slot and I get the previously mentioned error. Using Explore I can see the drive, but only the security files. When I dbl clik the security launch .exe I get the same message as I get with the autorun.

I'm glad there are no important deadlines tomorrow :-)

Sounds like the autorun security software at home was relying and looking at some first run configuration info on the home system that you perhaps have never yet ran on the work puter.

Instead of messing too deeply with it and possably damaging something of the data I would reboot first to see if that lets the drive be seen. You probably doen that so..Then I would try some other boot software to try and see the data. Once you get a situation where ya can see it then transfer the data over to the work system hardrive directly so you can use it there over next few days. ...geez, now I wonder what is going to read that USB drive around the protection scheme. I am leaning towards booting a BartPE and hoping its standard pluggin for file browsing will see it. ..GOOD LUCK

Thanks Strungout,

you lost me at BartPE.

I've rebooted and tried other puters here.

Nada.

Their tech support doesn't open until 10 am EST, that's 11 am here.

I hope nothing important happens before then.

I keep all those programs on my secure drive:-(

I will try to find the microsoft one somewhere, and let you know.