Sign in to follow this  
Coondog

Tower Blind Material

It is at the mill i work for. They will give you a pass for it, rather than putting it in the landfill. Employees only here.

9toes let's see if I can remember this well enough, I used to work at P&G on the converting side of paper but interfaced a little with the paper side. The felt does cost a really lot of money and it is HUGE in a paper machine (at least it was there), once it begins to get old and starts to tear and "can't" be repaired it is cheaper for them to shut down and replace it. Shut down in a paper mill can run into a LOT of money so they don't want to if possible. They have no use for it that I remember after they change it so it goes to a land fill or whatever as far as I know.

If you wanted to talk to someone about getting some of it call the company and ask to speak with the Public Relations contact. They should be able to put you in contact with who his the rights to sell/give some of this away. Probably the best bet for getting some is like 9toes was saying, find a person that you know that works there to see if they can get it for you.

Thats true Bat, best to get someone who works at the mill to get it for you. Someone at the mill almost always has a pass for them when they are taken off. Like i said a southern redneck can find a million uses for them.

Rambow I was looking at that site you posted a link to.... they also have a 3mm sheet that is much cheaper, is it too thin to use? It is just under $10 a sheet.

I used it on the first 4 box stands I built. It works fine, but you just need to have some extra supports on the frame to keep the thinner material more stable. Here is a pic of one I made using the black sheets that I camo painted.

When we were growing up my mother would cut felt into strips, braid them and make a rug from it. She would take the strips and dye them with rit dye first. You could always get the felt at IP.

So I was searching thru here looking for this kind of info...Anyone In GA work at a paper mill where you can aquire this material? I live in the Sharpsburg Newnan area..

9toes let's see if I can remember this well enough, I used to work at P&G on the converting side of paper but interfaced a little with the paper side. The felt does cost a really lot of money and it is HUGE in a paper machine (at least it was there), once it begins to get old and starts to tear and "can't" be repaired it is cheaper for them to shut down and replace it. Shut down in a paper mill can run into a LOT of money so they don't want to if possible. They have no use for it that I remember after they change it so it goes to a land fill or whatever as far as I know.

If you wanted to talk to someone about getting some of it call the company and ask to speak with the Public Relations contact. They should be able to put you in contact with who his the rights to sell/give some of this away. Probably the best bet for getting some is like 9toes was saying, find a person that you know that works there to see if they can get it for you.

talked to bro in laws friend from WI just in time plant will be down for maintenance soon and felt available...just have to get it back to GA