• Announcements

• Badgerbuckhunter

Prayers for a longtime Member   11/05/2017

The Church mass shooting that happened today, was Peggy Wardens Church. She was one of the people killed today and her grandson was shot in the arm and is in surgery. Lets keep her in our thoughts and prayers. I made a topic in the "Cabin" I will keep everyone updated as I get information.

ghoot

Sony P100 and 150 hack

17 posts in this topic

UHHHHHHGGHHHHHHYYAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWW!!!

WARNING: That's the sound that you are gonna make when you grab the flash...and you will grab the flah on these things. After about the 5th or so time, I was used to it enough that I noticed I was consistently making that sound. :blink:

Had a guy send be some P100's and P150's a couple of months ago to try and hack them, so I finally made time today to do it. Not sure if there's a hack for these anywhere, so thought I would share mine. It's about like the method for the S40, so if you think it's not too bad, then you'll be OK with these too. They are nice little cameras and dang near as fast as the P41. I haven't connected one to a board but they are fast. They are going at OK prices on ebay too. The lens extends quite a bit, but they fit just right in a 1060 with the lens extended, but I'm not sure how well the flash will work being that far back in the case. I think if you could get the flash hole to 1-1/4 it would probably be OK. I remember Jeff Biron made some like that a long time ago, so it must work. They use the custom batteries, but I think they are cheap on eBay. Anyway, here's the pics:

post-34-1174190788_thumb.jpg

Here it is in the bottom of a 1060.

post-34-1174190796_thumb.jpg

post-34-1174190811_thumb.jpg

post-34-1174190821_thumb.jpg

Gary

Good work Gary...sorry about the shock treatments though lol. The picture is very clear and can be decieving...is that 30ga wire?

Tried that shock therapy too, just brings out adjectives and verbs :o

lol....I had my first treatment yesturday. Scared the bejesus out of me. :blink:

Gary, you gotta a pic of the lense extended?

Good point 212. Yes, it's 30 and the block is the same size as the S40 block. Here's a pic of the whole cam to get a better idea of the size.

post-34-1174226307_thumb.jpg

This page has a pic of a P150 with lens extended:

P150

The camera body is 1" thick, and if you scroll down and look at the side view of the cam, it looks like the lens extends about 1". That works out good in the 1060 since it's 2.25" deep.

Gary

Edited by ghoot

Awesome job Gary as usual. I tried that shock treatment before and all I got was a lesson on burn treatments.

Looks like a neat camera to try but man those are small connections. How hard it is to get that plastic off?

Thanks,

Mike

I think you should yell gaaaahooooooooooot when you get bit by the cap :blink:

Been there too think I am getting smarter but it took quite afew lessons :o

As always good work Gary Thanks

How hard it is to get that plastic off?

The black plastic is easy to get off with one cut from some wire cutters. Cutting the notches for the block is easy too. At 1st, I called this the "scrape method" but I don't scrape it off anymore. Just mark the traces on the block with a pencil (and a magnifying glass) and take a sharp blade and press on each side of the mark. Then use the tip of the knife at the top of the two cuts and pop the plastic piece out. I don't advise pulling the knife down the block to cut the notch. I've had it slip off and cut a trace on the baord before on an S40, and with these P100 cameras, the board is a flexible board and would be very eay to cut. So just press down on the block and wiggle the knife a little and it will cut deep enough to get the plastic piece out. Also, don't cut any higher on the block that you see in the pics. You don't want to get into the area where the ribbon cable plugs in...especially on cams with the blue cable like the S40. I had one that I got the cuts to high and got the blue cable to hot and ruined it. Probably would be a good idea to take the cable out 1st. These brown cables like on the P100 seem to be able to handle heat much better han the blue ones.

Gary

Got it. After studying the pictures again, I think I understand what you are saying. It does not look too bad, just small.

Thanks for the help Gary!!

Mike

What kind of trigger time are you getting with these?

I have a P100 on the way. The auction said that it didn't have a battery with it. Is there some internal contacts that you noticed Gary to try the camera out before buying a battery for it? I don't want to waste the money if the cameras DOA.

The batteries are NP-FR1 and are going for about $15 including shipping on ebay. Looks like you can pick up cams for around $100. There are 3 contacts for the battery, so I'll take a look at the battery and see what's pos. and neg. and let you know.

Yeah, I was just about ready to pull the trigger on the battery when I said to myself....what if the cams junk. Then I have a battery thats useless.... Thanks for taking a look for me...

Edited by bowgod02

I'm not sure how well the flash would work setting back in the case. :unsure: I remember a post where someone glued a shutter extension onto the front of the case. I think it was made from a PVC coupling.