Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
treetop

New cam Build W35

65 posts in this topic

Well I wanted to see if it could be done and I think I have it I need to get some night pics to check for flash bleed but I should have it sealed The flash is just so close to the lens it makes a real challenge

One thing I like about the 1020 is the camera fits like a glove I wont let a camera be forced in at all and this thing slides in like it was made for it I added a piece of plexi for shelf and a little eva foam above the camera so its a positive fit and there really is no way for that zoom to bind. Its just so close tolerances I would put it and the mod on the experienced members only list :rolleyes:

I used a wide angle lens and was still able to get the full .9 focal distance so thats cool I also used 3 37mm uv filters screwed together (2 have the glass taken out ) to make the snorkel Doing this I got away with just using 1/4 eva foam between the camera and the case So I am hopeful that the flash wont be to restricted by the smaller hole? Ill try to get some test pics but it is a neat little cam

Does Bigfoot have a website? I could not pull up bfoutdoors.com.

Grizz Love your signature Could be mine also There will be a website soon I was hoping to have it up and running a few weeks ago but it shouldnt be but days aaway I hope.

Nice work treetop. Hope to see pics soon. :):)

Looks great Dave...... so far this cam seems to be panning out. I've only bench tested mine so far, but am impressed from what I've seen. I'm interested to see how the li-ion batteries work out in the long run, and if the knockoff replacements are any good. GREAT solution for the lens extension as well.

Well done..... to you and every one else that has worked on this one B)

great build i was planning trying the stacking the uv filters too. tony

looks great dave how was the mod?

bvhunter

Treetop, sorry about interupting your post, I was not trying to hijack you. Great build. I hope to try one of the 35s soon.

Just got a few pics The battery need charged B) I havent charged it yet I havent really worked the speed of it yet or really tried many settings but It isnt bad Pretty quick Id say somewhere in the mid 2 secs I think the refresh can be drug out or lengthened as it charges the flash so fast and also seems to charge in 2 seconds or so

Anyhow I left the iso in auto and it didnt fair all that well but in iso 800 it did good These are iso 800 It sure does seem like a quality camera I was concerned the flash wouldnt get low to the ground with the snorkel and the smaller oval flash hole but it did pretty good also Unedited pics other than made smaller 3 mg pics wow

Ohh yea I have a trail mode in the Bigfoot now Times are right day is right month Oops :blink:

Edited by treetop

Great job treetop. No flash bleed at all. Good clear pics and good distance. When you stack the UV lens, do they need to be sealed to each other?

I like it!!!!

Nice job treetop.

Did you drill the case so the bottom filter's threads go inside the lip of the drilled hole? Or did you just goop it on the outside?

That is just sweet!!!!

Oh, not to be a NUDGE, but what about security or lashing it to a tree?