Sign in to follow this  
treetop

New cam Build W35

Hey Dave, those pics are bad. :lol: You are always in the middle of everything. Kind of like Festus on Gunsmoke, you two even look a lot alike. :rolleyes: Ok back to the subject, had to pause awhile for the giggles. :P I wonder if the snorkel and or flash hole is blocking to much of the flash, or just close enough that it is causing the camera to back off on the flash output. May need to redo the box or tinfoil the flash hole. I would think that infinity or 7 meters would be the best focus settings and iso set to auto the best for all around day and night pics. How high does the iso go to, set on auto, at night (no light) on this camera? Try taking a photo in and out of the box to compare. I am sure a slave will help but something else is going on here. Pics should not be this bad as presented here. Just trying to help Festus I mean treetop.

tree sight

Treetop, have you tried the 35 on 100 or 200 ISO at night. The flash looks bright enough from your pictures out to 15 feet or so. I try to run my 41's on 200 and it takes the grainy effect out but there's a risk of not getting enough light to reach out over 15 feet without some type of brush or background to reflect the light.

cliff

Mike Im laughing also Seems to follow me but I will let you know I shaved and the Festus thing was completely uncalled for Nerve of some people

Booboo Hey man if my pm was seen as a threat to you or your family it sure wasnt meant that way I am sorry. I saved that pm and sure cant see any threats but if thats the way you took it Ill say it again I am sorry it wasnt meant that way at all. Everyone has a right to say what they feel here I know why I am here is because I enjoy ibeing here and helping the other members. I appreciate your opinion and honesty and your ideas and help are welcome anytime.

Now back to the camera.

Mike I tried the infinity and its about the same as both you and 212 said the flash is almost blocked by the lens and the night pics all need brightened if the iso is under 800. Short of moving the flash as I think rsmith said 212s slave is maybe the best option

Cliff When I saw that little 7mp camera and what it maybe could do thoughts of the pictures you seem to be able to capture is what came to my mind. I havent given up on it but it isnt the golden egg either

That said tonight something different. Ill try for a Clifflike pic close, low flash and top quality That poor coon is gonna be blind. Gotta go switch it up good thing its 50 yards from the house

Maybe Illl give a slave a shot tomorrow.

Edited by treetop

That poor coon is gonna be blind.

:lol::lol::lol:

Hey treetop, that's your "Guinea Pig" or should I say "Guinea coon"?

My D395 blows that thing outta the water, hands down, end of story.

TT can you test this potential fix out for me really quick, I think I've got it all figured out. On the stereo plug shown below simply wire up the red conductor along with the other three ..... BAM.... crystal clear baby. Like an SLR trail cam. Let me know how this works out for you :D:lol::D

post-927-1175983946_thumb.jpg

Edited by MIbucks

I dont know for sure but also the quality I a sure is being lost as I shrink these to fit here they start out huge like 3.15mg Is there a way to keep the quality ?

MIbs oops meant bucks I think you are on to it Ill give it ashot Thanks

Edited by treetop

Leave the flash on high and the ISO on 200, if it works like the 600 it will adjust the flash just right for a closeup.

If it's too bright, then we will know if they changed the programming and made it different from the 600.

My settings for the 600 have been for the focus on infinity - ISO on 100 or 200 and the flash on high.

Here's a picture at night of a beaverat about 2 feet in front of the camera, the cam was set for ducks on a pond for day only shots. Focus on infinity - high flash and 100 ISO. The bush on the log in the background is about 15 feet away.

Festus lol...try using paint to reduce the pictures...maybe say down to 10 percent to see. I sent the picture resizer I use in an email too.

Booboo Hey man if my pm was seen as a threat to you or your family it sure wasnt meant that way I am sorry.

Apology accepted, but it came across very badly. I work at home with my family in our family business and that is a very good thing and we are a very close family.

I will aplogize for you thinking I was bashing you when I really was bashing the pictures.

Now to the camera:

As it seems that everyone agrees with me now that the pictures are not good. Even the best photos you have posted look slightly out of focus to me.

My thoughts are you should be able to put the camera on auto and get good photos. I have several digital cameras and all of them take great photos in auto mode, day or night. My S600 takes the best photos by far and I have four cameras over 6MP. The cameras I have are made by Fuji, Sony, and Olympus so I have some diversity in them. The Fuji is a close second but it just does not have the clarity of detail that the S600 has.

Hee hee I was up at 3ish turning off a few of the lights that my daughters had left on in the house ( most all were on) and I saw the camera flash about every min thought maybe it was falsing as I had it on a 1 min delay I think the coons like it as they can see the corn better This was auto iso of 200 flash on high Coon at 5 ft or so I did brighten them but the quality is much better

you guys are always improving on profection :lol: . i was happy with the first pics TT. as long as i can count the points on bucks head, i'm pretty much good.

i'm interested in what your seeing with the batteries so far? as far as the flash goes, have you tried running a flash enhancer on it yet. i know your list of things to do with this cam is probably approaching a mile long but i would be interested to see if you get the halo effect with this particular camera and how much the FE helps out, if at all.

you guys are real pioneers in this hobby and for that i thank you all.

lug

Lugnut They arent bad pictures I was hoping to really be able to get fantasttic pictures with this camera I really had high hopes. The flash on this camera is 1/4 of a inch from the extending lens barrel thats the challenge or issue I believe Maybe in the program auto iso and a fixed focus for what you think your animal will be could still give you great pictures just not a super flash range I also believe mounting the camera lower to the ground as Cliff shows in his muskrat or beaver pic helps by keeping the animal high in the flashes view and have been doing that just I havent had any deer come the last few nights.

I like your "Pioneers" idea I will use that later after I do a 3d a case Honey the reason the house smells as it does is because I am a pioneer :blink: That will help I am sure

Anyhow back to the camera These are unedited exept shrunk from average of 3mgs Program infinity iso800 flash high I think they are good enough I really think the key is keeping it setup so the animal will be in the top of the picture frame so the flash isnt blocked out so much from the extending lens

TT,

I think you just need to add another wire or two until the quality improves. That is how true engineers do it.

:lol:

J/K of course, those latest pics loog pretty dang good! Keep up the good work!

CB

Edited by CoyoteBandit