Well, I was getting my gear ready for the turkey hunt tomorrow and decided to get a little practice shooting in to make sure the bow is still on. I hooked up the bowcam (S40 one) and shot some with it. The dang thing won't stay on all the time after the shot. I moved the foam around, more foam, less foam, make sure the buttons are clear, etc. It will just power down with the lense still extended. It will power up just fine for the next shot. I just got frustrated with it after about an hour of playing with it and all the shots taken and just finially gave in and put the P41 bowcam on. It won't zoom in, but atleast it will stay running. I guess I'll have to use this setup in the morning since I won't have nore time to play with the S40. Buddies picking me up in about 1/2 hour to roost some birds for in the morning.

I think I might take the 'ol 517 and set it up beside me on a tripod just incase to make sure I get the shot.

Make sure you set the time/date on it the race is on for the first one down on the bowcam :P I am heading to do the same thing and get the blind up tonight Sheez Too much gear to carry :blink: . Buddy is up first he can only get out on Saturdays and I had to do some talking to get him to bring his bow Good luck and dont forget your orange :angry:

Will do....date and time set.It's been 5 years since I got to shoot first, so I'm demanding it this year since I'll be the one with the bow. Wish I had a blind.... would make it a whole lot easier to try and get drawn on the bird. I'll be using my tree umbrella for a little bit of a blind.... :sad:

Good luck and get some pics when its down also.....

Opening day turned out to be a bust. I think the turkeys here where we were hunting had too much pressure and too many guys in the woods. I seen 7 different hunters today. My buddy and I set up in the morning. Bowcam ready...517 camcorder ready on the tripod. Bird gobbling on the roost 100 yards away and when he flew down, he out of dodge and didn't make a peep. We had one other gobbler with a hen show up when we were trying to locate another bird on a tramroad. He didn't make a sound and when we started walking, they took off running. Didn't even know they were there. Weather was pretty crappy too....

So....

BowGod 0

Turkeys 1

I was wondering if any of you tried this with the hawglite with IR material and a IR hacked cam for night predator hunts ? I think that would be a good one to try, what do you think ?

George

did this not workout or something...where is the video of a bird being shot?

don't be shy....even if it's a miss I would like to see it

Second that motion. How did they work out? I was thinking about mounting one onder my Hawglite for some springtime night hog hunts. Got a good feederlight I can use to help with the lighting situation, so it just might work...

Also, how do ya'll think a 32 might work? I have some of those already hacked that I could just pop out of a cam when I needed it. Would they be good enough?

Edited by Jethro