Fuji A610

Contributors need to say yea or nay   92 members have voted

1. 1. Pick up a Fuji A610 for testing?

• yea
    • nay

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

66 posts in this topic

I'm not an official tester, but I hear this camera works pretty well in a trail cam. Butch has offered to give me the hack on it and the timing it needs. I can get one of these and put it in a case with a board using the cam test funds, and do a PDF on it for you guys if are interested. For now anyway, he decided not to post any hacks, but if he likes the camera it has some merit. It is supposed to take AA batteries and use the SD cards, which are cheap. Start-up times are around 3 sec. day and 4 night. Picture quality good:) Once I'm done with it the set-up will be offered for sale here on hags, for cost. I just need your vote yea or nay.

Here is a little info on it.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/FPA610/FPA610A.HTM

I found out that when someone gives up the vote the total still goes up one, so that is why the numbers don't match. I ask that only the contributors to the cam test fund actually vote in this poll, thanks.

Don't want to edit it, but I forgot to say the proceeds from the sale will go back into the cam test fund :)

One thing I had posted earlier but forgot to remind on is this camera has the strange screws that I had to make a driver for. All Fujis do. McMaster Car has the Triwing drivers (or whatever it is they are called)

Man I hate those, I made one for it and it was hard! We had to buy stuff to build cams anyway, one more little cheap thing is no big deal to me....but I'm gonna see if they still have them first, before I buy the camera.

Thanks for the heads up mbowerma.

I wish it was unanimous, but a lot more want to try it than not. The test fund should come out even after it has been tested real good, and at least we will have it as an option. I haven't seen anything that really sends me, but better a pretty good one than nothing ...right.

Got one ordered :)

Shipping estimate for these items: June 11, 2007

Delivery estimate: June 18, 2007 - June 22, 2007 1 "Fujifilm Finepix A610 6.3MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom"

Electronics; $109.99

Sold by: Amazon.com

Now wht driver do I need ??? Tri-wing

212, I have a driver just like that one at micro tools. Size 0 works on a fuji f700. I would guess thats the size you will need. Good quality driver also.

tree sight

Thanks! I made my own for another camera, so I had no idea what to call it lol. I'll get it ordered :)

See if this is what you need. Go to Mc Master and then enter this product number in the search engine: 7175A44

http://www.mcmaster.com/

It is just a driver bit, but may be cheap enough for you.

I think that is it :) thanks

I sent an email asking about the shipping because I did not see where to check the shipping cost.

If you need me to, I will mail it to you. We have an account with McMaster at work, and I order every few days. I can order it, pay my boss, and mail it to you. I owe you anyways. In fact, I need to order tomorrow, and it will be to me the next day. Just let me know, it's not a problem at all. The way I figure it, we all contribute in the ways we can.

That's great, please do get one...and I'm glad to hear they must be good people to deal with too. Thanks!