Sign in to follow this  
antlrcolectr

Need any input on new digital for my work camera

Our company is trying to buy a new digital camera and the Marketing lady asked me what I thought of this one. has anyone ever used them?

We use them to take pictures of things inside our manufacturing buildings, pictures of seats, mirrors, and general interior pictures of the busses we build, and exterior pictures of the busses that we build usually outside. Most of the pictures that we take are for Brochures that we send to dealers, or just to send to dealers to say "here is what a 6 x 16 mirror looks like."

Here is what she told me that she knows so far:

I checked out the digital cameras at Sams Club today. I explained to the salesperson what type of pictures we took and attached the one digital camera that was recommended. He recommended it because it's new and has ISO which he said would be great for taking inside shots, it adjusts to light without flash. We run into more problems with interior shots not coming out right, so this sounds like what we need. There was another one he suggested, Olympus, but it was around $400 & 7 pixels.??

Attached is a Sony & $269.73

-8.1 pixels

-2.5" LCD (this is a nice size of view area) -3X optical zoom lens -Would need to buy a memory stick card (approx $30)and a good idea to get rechargeable batterys ($20?).

Any input would help Thanks RR

Edited by antlrcolectr

Howdy Rus,

A co-worker just bought that exact camera and she is now on her vacation using it I'm sure. Wish she were back so I could give you a report.

Hey seeing that bus reminds me did you ever pick up a few of those rubber thingies for me? Let me know how much a 1/2 dozen of them would be with shipping to IL :)

As for the camera, it's a Sony so it has to be good right :blink::P:blink:

Let's see....you needed the small rubber thingies, right? :lol:

Sorry you set yourself up for that one.... :P

Yea, I had two of them sitting on the photo albums you had in my garage before you left. They must have got knocked off and rolled under the benches. I just assumed you found them.

Getting more should be no problem. I think I still have your address, I'll PM you if I can't find it.

Okay so now we also are looking at an Olympus SP550UZ. It is 7.1 MP compared to the Sony 8.1 MP. But it has wide angle available, which is good for us taking inside bus pictures.

Does anyone have one? OR ahve feedback?

Beware of going above 200 ISO on a point and shoot camera - the image will get very noisy, possibly too noisy for professional looking print/brochure work.