maggot

P4.1 delete

I get a lot of pics and it gets tedious deleting them one at a time. Is there a way to batch delete them with the camera? Lacking that, after using a card reader to download them to my computer is there a setting that will clear the memory stick. Thanks, Tom.

Yes, when viewing the pics press the w button on the zoom and it will display all the pics. Then push the trash can button and it gives you the option to delete all the pics.

You can format the card in the camera if ya want. With camera in pic taking mode, press the menu button and scroll to the right until the large menu opens up. Scroll down one level I think and you will see format. Scroll to the right and ur there. It's fast and alot easier than it sounds. I format this way every time right before I stick the cam in the case and close it. Hope it helps! :)

CTRL + A then DELETE

After you've already downloaded your photos, while the card is in your card reader, bring up Windows Explorer. Then click on My Computer, in the drive selection, look for Removable Drive. Open this up and keep going deeper into the folders until you see a list of photos. Highlight all photos and just hit the Delete Key.

post-92-1189307364_thumb.jpg

Dumb question here

But does format mean.....Delete & clean up the card?

Yet, formatting will erase ALL data on the memory card and will prepare or initialize it for recording data, thus cleaning up the card.

Not sure how long this will take as I don't usually use this option, the computer usually works great for me but could be a choice on in the field if short on extra memory cards.

Joel

Hey thanks

I'm like you I just do it on the computer.

Does the card have to be initialized for movie mode.

Or is this done when you delete it on the computer?

The reason I ask is becuase I"m in the process of building a bow cam for filming

No you don't have to format the cards or at least almost all cards when you buy them. They come pre-formatted and are ready to record both pix and movies. You just delete the file from the computer like you would from your hard drive, you don't need to worrry about formatting at all. If you notice your card not performing well or slowing down on speed you may format it to totally clean it and speed it back up.

Cool man!

Thanks so much for you help.

As Im looking thru my pics on slide show,I delete a lot of them as I go,does critters and after I save what I want I click on edit on the tool bar, then select all then click on delete.This is the easyest way for me.BTW dont format in the computer some folks have had trouble with cards after doing this if they dont reformat in the camera again.