Welby

Background Check

Since we’re all pretty much noobies again, I thought it appropriate for some proper introductions, or re-introductions, as is the case. If you like, tell us a little about yo’ self! Let’s get to know each other!

Who I Be

I be Welby, and that is a nickname given to me by my employer and coworkers. The only hint I’ll give to its origination is that my real name, in one form or another, is reminiscent of an old TV show in which the lead character is a doctor. I’ve never seen the show, nor had I heard of it until I earned this moniker.

I am a white boy married to my beautiful college sweetheart, who is white, and we have one son, who is also a little white boy. No racial instigations implied, but in case you were wondering.

I am a Christian, and I serve in my local church working with the youth. I actually speak from time to time in my church, and I have also worked with young married couples ministries and other deals & thrills. I’m generally a straight arrow, but my sense of humor and mischief tends to get me in trouble from time to time.

I love hunting, the outdoors, hot rods & exotic cars, reading, writing, good humor, welding, woodworking, drawing, and building things. Currently, all other DIY projects are on hold until I complete the ultimate DIY project – a new home that I’ve been working on for over two years. Jeesh!

What I Be Doin’ Fo’ Payouts

I am currently an office manager for an electrical contractor. No, let me re-phrase that: I am THE Office Manager for this area’s Premier Electrical Contractor!!

How I Ended Up Here

I’ve always been a member of various forums ranging from ATV sites (love all terrain vehicles, just can’t afford one right now), hunting sites, DIY sites and automobile sites. Unfortunately, most forums and websites are overrun with fighting, bickering, cussing, boasting and agenda pushers. Very few forums are pleasant anymore, and JHP and Hag’s House have to rank as the most pleasant I’ve ever joined.

I have a long history with JHP, even as a Moderator, but I gave up that status to join some friends here. I will continue to post on both sites for as long as the respective owners will allow. A personal creed I have about being a member of any forum is that I try to make sure that every single post I make is one I won’t regret later and somehow makes the website better overall. Of course, I’ve had a couple of, ahum, slip-ups, but I like to make people think, feel good, smile or chuckle when reading what I write each time.

Where I Be

I be in Northeast Mississippi, less than an hour south of Tupelo (the birthplace of Elvis, “hunka-hunka-hope-he-ain’t-burning-now”), fifteen minutes from Alabama and far enough from the coast that I don’t have to tie floats to muh trailer when a hurricane comes through. We have an abundance of fantasticly beautiful women*, wild game, and wild heath’ns.

*Don’t believe what Mr.Ree says.

Now, who you be, where you be from, and what you be doin’ here anyway?

Hey Welby,

Who I am

This is scruffnbeez. Got it by combining my dogs names, Scruffy and Beezer, together. I got them when they were 6 weeks old. A year later adopted a kitten, Calvin, from my dad's farm. Last year, I adopted Beezer and Scruffy's brother, Grizzly from a guy I work with. He couldn't keep him any longer. Now I have 3 fox terriers and 1 cat that fill my household.

I am a Christian and currently teach 5th and 6th graders at my church. I am serving the last year of my term on the Christian Education Board. I also play on our church softball team.

I enjoy hunting, gardening, cross-stitching, golfing, animals, and generally being outside.

Where I get my paycheck

I am a computer programmer for the State of Kansas.

How I Ended Up Here

I found Jesse's website while surfing ebay looking at game cameras. I joined the forums and found the "Hags House" to buy supplies. I ended up here also.

Where I Be

I am from NE Kansas. Born and raised Kansan. Remember Kansas is the center of the US. We are the Hub and everyone else in the US revolves around us. :D

Welby, your real name is Doogie Houser, :unsure: or am I way off on that one?

Edited by Goose

Who:

33 years old single I enjoy hunting (primarily dove, turkey and deer), archery, some fishing and working outdoors on my father's land back home. I'm a stock market junkie and am trying to learn a bit about technical analysis. I'm also a conservative Republican an proud of it!

What I do for a living:

I am currently a Capacity Manager (Network engineer) for BellSouth Telecom. I manage switching capacity for 22 COs and broadband network capacity for the north half of the state. Undergrad is in Civil Engineering (structural design).... got bored with that, got an MBA (both from MSU) and ended up at BellSouth

I'm here because:

I like the folks here and enjoy learning about electronics which I have little background in. Also, didn't care for the "management" of another site and the way good people were/are treated.

Brandon, Mississippi... about 10 miles east of Jackson, MS And BTW, some of us down here in MS can speak "correct" English... don't pay much attention to Welby and Helo, they haven't LEARNT IT YET!! :P

Who I am

I be hags...I come from a family of 9 kids and all our nicknames are hags, basically from our friends at grade school through high school.....others heard their older brothers and sisters call us "little hags" and as we got older we all just became "hags". You attend the family reunion and yell hags and we all turn around.....kind of wierd.

I'm 40 years old....3 kids, 18, 17 and 4....married my high school sweetheart and great verbal fighter....that's were I get most of my material........and we're still hitched.

Older kids are getting ready to leave the nest, so we're busy adjusting to that. All the stuff I post are basically my interests......I have a core group of high school friends that I hang with and we do almost everything together, huntin', fishin', golfin' and as my son says.....just chillin'....

Where I get my paycheck

Love country music, but us northerners can't "twang"....so I knew a singin' career was out of the question.....

I retired from my six figure job after I opened Hag's House and I'm making a killing on fools addicted to trail cameras.........if you believe that, I also have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale.....

I run a screen printing company that specializes in corporate appareal and organized functions.....we do all the local town festivals and firemen picnics who need t-shirts, sweats, and related items. My summers are usually pretty busy up till August and then it goes nuts again when the schools and colleges start fall classes.

How I Ended Up Here

I'm always tinkering with stuff.....use to drive my parents nuts when I took my x-mas gifts apart and had problems putting them back together.......always interested in electronics and how the dang thing worked. When I read that you could build your own trail camera on Bowsite.com, I had to check it out....joined JHP and was amazed at all the addicts who spilled their guts......joined in and found a nitch with the parts and also learned how to build a website, a sub addiction......

Created Hag's House and continue to play with the cams and video soon.....

Where I Be

I've been in Wisconsin my whole life.....great state with everything to do.....centerly located so both sides of the US are easy to visit.....Live in the south end of the state were all the business stuff goes on and sneak up to the north end of the state were it's mostly play time and a recreational hot bed. Fell in love with the change of the four seasons and never found a reason to leave....could do without the winter after x-mas, but I allow it because it keeps you focused on indoor projects.......it's too frickin' cold outside.....Once spring hits everyone's smillin' cause they can take the three coats off they been wearin' since November and everyone is ready to party.

Keeps going until the snow flys again.....

hags

Welby's real name is "Crisco". Even as a baby he was FAT-IN-THE-CAN !!

He doesn,t really work, but I won't go into the thing about the park he runs. ALL he does is pick on me!!

I am MrRee. A dear elderly gentleman from Michigan. I am retired and have worked for many years in plastics.

I love deer hunting & brook trout fishing. The guys have got me addicted to the game trail cameras. I have only 3 now, but my wants are far more than the wife can afford, so I take my time aquireing more.

Since I retired, we put in a house next door to where my deer/beer camp was. I spend most of my time trying to get the place like the wife wants it, and the rest of my time being abused by Welby.

I think I need to go back to work just so I can REST :D

Who I am

This is wolverine. I am a southern farmboy all growed up (33 years worth). I have a wife of 11 years, a son, and a daughter. My handle is just one a guy stuck on me years ago and I liked it better than "catfish" so I kept it.

What I do

I'm an industrial electrician by trade, but in my spare time I work on our family farm, tinker with everything that ain't broke, hunt, fish, go kayaking, canoeing, camping, horseback riding, and just about anything else that will keep me outside.

How I got here

Well, I'm one of those "readers but not writers that you guys talk about sometime" I've been a member of JHP for roughly a year now. I browse almost daily but I'm just not an avid poster. I built my first game cam last summer and kinda lost touch with the game cam forum (more of a varmint,whitetail, campfire kinda guy) One day I decide to check out what kind of updates and changes were current in game cameras (because I want to build a digital cam) and noticed a lot of the familiar guys were gone. So I performed an investigation and here I am.

Where I live

As for where i live, I'm from the peidmont region of SC on the banks of the great pee dee river. For you NASCAR fans. draw a line on a map from Rockingham to Darlington, and I'll be just about in the middle.

Hi my name is Abe. Never had a nickname so i just stuck with Abe. I am 25 years old. I pretty much hunt and fish every minute im not at work. Last xmas i bought me a present (deer cam) and while looking for some reviews on it i found JHP. A week later i had my 1st owl working. I love the game cams because it gives me a real excuse to go to the woods several times a week. I have built 2 digitals and 4 owls since finding JHP and remodled one. I had been thinking about building a second digital for a few weeks and i checked hags house to see what an x10 was going to cost , and thats when i saw he had set up a new forum. I had heard before that you could build a came camera with parts from radio shack, but thought it wasw just some electronics guru that built him one. Obviously thats not the case, because i built 6 and i knew nothing before i started. I have learned alot here and JHP and will be forever greatfull to all that helped. Thanks, Abe

Who I am

I am a (soon to be) 47 yr old from Central Mississippi. I am an Air Force brat, and have lived in several parts of the country. I was Born in Charleston WV and spent several years in upstate NY around Syracuse. My fathers side of the family is from here in Mississippi, and is where I decided to settle. My name came from the fact that I am a helicopter pilot, and a (until recently) paramedic of 16 yrs.

What I do?

Well... I am a helicopter pilot in the Gulf of Mexico. My company contracts to oil companies and such. We fly out personnel and equipment to offshore locations. On my off time (I work 7 days on and 7 off usually) I help my father in law with his farm, or spend time on one of my many interests. Game cams being one of them. My most enjoyable time is spent bashing Mississippi State bulldog fans and alumni. I also run a halfway house for kids to send their parents to when they recommend they go to MS State college. We strive to make them see the err''s in their ways. Takes a lot of antipsychotic drugs!

How I got here?

I was browsing the web looking at buying a game cam. I stumbled onto the other site and began building. I have one 370 cam that I am redoing, and a video setup. Friends migrated to this site and I tagged along. I have made some very good friends here, so I am here to stay (you here that SS?).

Where I live?

Unfortunetly I live close to SouthernStyle :blink: .

Edited by HeloMedic

Well,

I'm a welder/sheet metal fabricator/ machinist by trade. I actually went to school for the welding and maching ... learned the metal fab work through OJT. Daddy always said "a man with trade skills will always have a Paycheck " and he was right. Currently, I'm a cnc programmer for the cabinet shop and millroom at Hatteras Yachts. We build yachts ranging from 50' to 100' and the prices range from 1mil. - 10mil. depending on the options. I served in the US ARMY reserve as a 52Delta- Power generator Mechanic and an 88Kilo- Water craft operator. My old unit is in Iraq right now! Glad I got out!!!! I attend East Carolina University on weekends ...trying to finish my degree in Industrial Technologies.... but i'm taking a well deserved break right now.

I live in Cove City, NC...a small close knit farming community. ..nothing but bean, corn, cotten and tobacco fields abound there......beautiful Hard woods too... Lots of pine plantations also.

I stumbled on to Jesse's site and have been hooked on cam building ever since. Must have built a dozen or so by now... most of them went to friends.

As you can tell by my avitar .. I'm a Daddy .... the little girl in the pic is my 2yr old, Jolie Claire. I'm trying to teach her the ways of the woods...but Momma keeps fighting it. This year, Jolie will going hunting with me and she has her own camo as you can see in the pic. YOU GOT TO START THEM EARLY.... lol !

jkoonce :hags:

Well, I am a 34 year old design engineer with Triton Systems Inc in Long Beach, Mississippi. I live in Diamondhead, MS, not to far from SS and Helo, but far enought that I can't smell them! :P My hunting camp ia 180 miles away near Crystal Springs Ms. How I get my name? Jaggermax is actually the name of my two rat terriers, Jagger and Max. My real name is Clay DuBois. BTW, I live south of I-10 in Southern Mississippi which we consider an entirely different state from where SS and Helo live!

AT my real job, I design mostly metal cabinetry, safes, injection molded and structural foam plastics and a few electro-mechanical parts for our ATM machines. I have a degree in Electronics Engineering Technology from the University of Southern Mississippi. How did I get into designing mechanical stuff? Well, I have no idea, it just happened over the years! I am married to a wonderful wife and have a 3 yr old boy (all boy and rough as all get out) and a spoiled 7 month old daughter that wont shut up. Just like her mother.

I stumbled onto JHP about three years ago and was hooked ever since. Sad part is all I do is build the things and hardly get to use them.

Ok,

I am in the Marines, have been for 18 1/2 years. This time next year I will be moving back to Michigan to be with my newly married wife. I am currently working in the hazarous materials section but main job specility is being an aircraft mechanic. I have worked on A-4 Skyhawks and F-18 Hornets.

I am here in Beaufort SC for now and will be moving up near Gaylord MI next year. I love to hunt/fish and all that goes with it. Also enjoy making the homebrew game cameras. Got my Dad hooked on using them. While I was home on leave we got a few nice pictures couple of small bucks.

Well that's about it.

MIB

Hello folks. I am a high voltage electrician working as a civilian for the civil service. I love hunting and just being in the woods.

I have been married 25 years this year and have 2 great sons. One is a Lt. in the Army and one a junior at U of Illinois to be an architect. Youngest leaves next week to school so Mom and I will be alone again. Maybe she can join us at deer camp this year. She dosen't hunt but likes to cook the game.

Take care and hunt hard. MC.

Hello All, I'm Gluemanchu. I recently found this board while looking for digital trail cameras. I live in Southern Illinois (Massac County) and work (as an engineer) in western,Ky. I'm 32 years old, my passions are my wife and my two daughters (Gracie and Clara) . Oh and I love to bow hunt for Deer and turkey as well :) . I'm a Sunday School teacher and spend many hours in my treestand with my bible. I have been blessed to have some family farm ground that is full of nice deer and I only live about 5 minutes from the Shawnee National Forest.

I love message boards as much as I like hunting. I usually burn an hour a day on message boards, usually when I'm at work.

I spend a lot of time on Illiniboard.com and WKYX.com and it looks like I've found a new place to kill some time, I'm probably gonna get fired. Then I can hunt all day and do message boards all night! :P Just kidding.

Gluemanchu