Welby

Background Check

58 posts in this topic

My name is Tim, married with 1 daughter who just turned 9 on Oct. 17th. I love to hunt waterfowl and upland game, and flyfish for steelhead and trout. My wife and I love to collect and shop for antiques and watch our daughter compete in horse show events (English for you horse afficianados)

I am a sixth-generation San Franciscan (not many of those around), and learned to hunt and fish from my dad, uncles and grandfathers. Moved to SoCal back in 1979 the week I graduated from HS. My dad's company relocated here. I lived in Arcadia then, and now live in South Orange County. My folks repatriated back to NorCal about 3 years ago when my dad retired and moved to Folsom (and no, not the prison).

I hunt ducks mostly in the NorCal area. My family has been hunting waterfowl in the Sac Valley since the turn of the century (that would be 1900). My family moved to California from Maine in the 1850's, and they came to Maine from England back in 1634.

I am an accountant and work in the HR and Payroll/tax/benefits outsourcing industry. I manage the payroll and tax trust for the number 2 payroll processor in the World, and am responsible for all of the incoming cash to the Trust and managing it while we have it in our posession. It's stressful but fun. It's amzaing how ambivalent you become when you deal with numbers that have 000,000,000 after it every day!!

I have made a lot of good friends on some of the sites that I post on and even was able to enjoy a dove hunt with the Texas guys this last September> Itwas a blast!!!!

I thank Dan for having us and giving us a place to get just a little crazy!

hello, my name is charles. i am, or i used to be a jhoer. i was born and raised in socal. i am 35 years old. i live in diamond bar, about 30mi east of los angeles. i work for the city of los angeles as a sheet metal worker. i have 3 kids. 15yo boy matt who lives with mom in nevada. and 11 yo girl allyson and 9 yo boy anthony live with me and wife. 11yo is ready to start shooting the 410 and the 22 pistol. she is not sure if she wants to hunt and kill yet. i told her that daddy does a lot of hunting and a little killing. i like to fish but dont do a whole lot of it. but it looks real good for next year for taking the kids on an overnight boat out of longbeach or newport. they did real well on the 1/2 day boats i took them on. thats about all for now. my wife's name is jodi. thanks for a place to hang out and watch my self get older. :blueribbon: :hags:

Who I be:

My forum name is sdhunter, I try to keep the same name on any forum I'm on. My real name is Mike, I'm 39, married 11 years and have a 9 year old son (who just got his hunter safety and license!!). I live in Santee CA, the San Diego area. I love to hunt ducks, geese and available upland. Getting my ears wet with deer this year. I also luv to fish.

What I do:

I'm an IT Manager. I manage IT Operations at a Data Center in San Diego for a major outsourcing company. (I hate Corporate America, but it pays the bills)

How did I get here:

Well, I got booted from another forum. I followed the migration to Hal's.

I be Huntndogs, real name Mike. I live down the street from sdhunter in lovely Santee, Ca. and like hunting birds of all kinds. No fur bearers yet. I am 40 tomorrow and have been married 21 yrs. I work in the law enforcement field for money (very large agency in San Diego) for the last 17 yrs. I have two sons 19 and 15 and a German Wirehaired pointer (4yrs.). Not banned from the other site as of yet.

HEY Y'ALL!!! My name is JD. I am still a member of "The Other Site" (for now and until Boss finds out where I went) but all my brothers got themselves in trouble over there so I thought I'd join you all over here. (For those of you who know me, you know I really don't care where we eat just as long as we all eat together :drinks: ) I only hold alegience to myself, my family, my God, my country and my friends. I have truly met some guys on that other site that I like to call family so here I am. (Nobody scrubbs my family and gets away with it)

Anyway, I am an avid hunter, fisherman, sport shooter, pilot and all around good guy. I believe in being true to my religion and my friends. I have two adorable children and a lovely understanding wife. I have a GSP that is a blast to train and go upland hunting with. And my lab, Masi, makes the best door mat a man could have.

It is great to finally find the place where all my brothers took off too. I hope to be welcomed as much as I would you in my home and my heart!

Well, my name is Scott and I live in Visalia CA (farm country). I have a wonderful better half named Kim, and we spend pretty much all of our spare time hunting and fishing. We own a software support company that leaves us lots of spare time to chase critters.

I'm a JHO member, but had to split my online time to meet up with old friends, and make some new ones. Looking forward to getting to know the good people here, and contribute any way I can. :cheers:

My name is skeet I'm married with one daughter who is 2. I hunt as much as I can, and fish often. I work as a firefighter for the govt. and live in hesperia ca. I'm still a member of the other site but I doubt I will frequent it as much since everyone moved over here. :cheers:

Howdy, My name is Doug and I am an avid outdoorsman favoring archery and bowhunting. I am married and have a beautiful little girl who means the world to me, a wife Kris and 2 Lab-Golden mixes that are just about the best family dogs in the world. I am a RN and asst. manager of a Cardiac Stepdown Unit, and my wife is also a RN, Critical Care Educator. I, too, like many of the newer member here am a former JHO'er, who was banned months ago for reasons unbeknown to me. I am thankful for this site as I am able to again converse with some old friends from JHO, :cheers: and pick some more brains for hunting tips and tricks, as well as share some of my own.

WHO I BE

My name is Brandon. I live in the small town called Maplesville that is located in centrall Alabama. I am married to the greatest woman that God created she is my best friend! We dont have any children yet " only been hitched for 3 years" but hope to change that in the near future. My wife is a first grade teacher. We both take a active roll in in our church activities.

WHAT I DO

Well I curriently am a paper maker. My paper machine makes copy paper. I hate the swing shift work so I am considering trying to go to take some gunsmithing classes. :yes:

I fount this site thanks to Mr Redneck. I am a current JHO member "so far" with the same name deerhunter1.

I would like to thank Hag's for allowing us to share some fun times. :hags:

who I am:

I am pretty new here and I haven't posted yet, some of you know me at JHO as duckwidow. It took me a long time to catch up with everyone here. I am still a member at JHO because there are a lot of good people over there,(and because I haven't been banned yet... ) but I am glad to see old names here and at TOF.

What I do:

besides being a wife and mom of a very busy hunting family, I am an instructional aide to an autisitc child during the school day. I got this job last year after 21 years in the dental business (I will never work for another dentist)

Edited by huntingmom

Who am I:

Caucasian

Blue eyes

Brown hair what's left!

5' 11" 175lbs

Kidney Transplant Recipient of 15 years

Birthdate:September 16, 1962

My name is Julian Gill I'm 43 and live in Greenbrier, Arkansas with wife of 25 years Darla. We have two grown children, Brice and Fonda. One grandchild whose name is Luke, and two more on the way.

I am an avid archer and love to hunt turkey, whitetail deer, and elk. Hag's is the only site I've ever joined and actually ran onto it while browsing for homemade trail cam instructions.

What I do for a living:

I work for the United States Postal Service as a Sales & Service Associate. Basically I sell stamps, money orders, ship packages, and sort the tons of mail that comes through our office. Yes I have gone postal a time or two, but so far everyone has survived.

Hobbies:

Hunting, fishing, archery, trail cams, guitar, not much time left for anything else.

hi all; i'm todd. i'm almost 27, i've been married for 7 years and have 2 daughters. one is 6 and the other is 3 months.

i love to hunt and i've been known to wet a hook every once in a while. i pretty much stink at both.

i started like most over at JHO back in 2002 or 2003 can't remember. i went missing there for a while due to the fact i lost my password and couldn't remember my screenname. i changed my address and got a new screenname and was back in business. from there i went to RDHC since that seemed like the cool thing to do and from there to hear. so now i'm on all 3 and my wife just loves it..........NOT.

i get my paycheck from all of you as one of uncle sams right hand men. i've been in the air force since 99 (you do the math). i was stationed at robins afb in georgia for a while. i flew as a communications system tech. on the E-8C JSTARS (Joint Survelliance Targeting Atack Radar System). it's a 707 with a radar pretty much. from there i got orders to hurlburt field florida and now i work on eglin afb flying on board the MC-130P Combat Shadow. it's a special operations variat of a C-130 that we do all sorts of cool stuff out of.

i grew up in Petal Miss. that's around Hattiesburg for those who are familiar with south miss. i still travel there often so see the folks and hunt with my dad and friends.

oh yea, if the cops ask........you haven't heard of me :D

Who I am: I'm lugnut's sister and polemanpop's daughter. I have been married for 9 years and have 2 boys ages 7 and 5. I get paid by being a nurse in Hattiesburg, MS. I ended up here because I was trying to read a post that my brother submitted. And I am happy to be here (to my brother's suprise :P )

Who Am I

Cory, from western wisconsin been a member for about a week and hear everybody talking about homebrews and it all led me to here, hags house. And i will now with all the info build my own.. I hunt almost everything, but my passion is whitetail deer. have many popeand young, one boone and crockett. I am married with two kids, 4 and 9...they are a handful but fun. hopefully i will make some friends and share my .02 cents on things.. Thanks for having me. Cory

My name is Jim. I live in a suburb of Birmingham, AL. I'm 43, married with one son. I've been a teacher for 19 years. I have always been an fishing enthusiast and am teaching myself to hunt. I began hunting in January of '06. Few in my family were ever hunters, of any description. Not that they were against it, but we never lived close to hunting land nor took the time to enjoy the outdoors. If you weren't working, you were wasting your time. Or so was the thinking of most of the men in my family. After my father passed, I figured that if I were ever going to hunt, I'd better start learning and since I had no one to look to for guidance, I got started by reading everything I could possibly find and asking questions, ad nauseum, of everyone I knew that hunted. I've never killed a deer, but I've had several chances. But, the shot wasn't right. I err on the side of thinking that one cannot be too ethical in their hunting. I work hard to put myself in position to get shots, but they must be clean. I'll not risk wounding an animal just to collect a trphy. I also won't shoot anything, If I don't plan on eating it or donating it to our Helping the Hungry program.

Goofball? Maybe. But I sleep well and teach my son the same.

Roll Tide!