Welby

Background Check

We all have to remember this is the internet, full of smoke and mirrors, but here’s my story and I’m sticking to it. :ph34r:

Who I Be:

I be Jan, female, born and raised in Middle Tennessee. I grew up working my grandparents tobacco farm along side of my other cousins (all boys) so I had to learn to pull my own weight from the get go. After working the crops there wasn’t much to do other than shoot acorns off trees and cans off the fence posts. So, needless to say, I became very handy with the firearms. My uncles would take me squirrel hunting with them as a youngster, which was the start of my love for the woods. I’ve always loved to know how things work and am very much the handy woman. Duct tape and a hammer is usually my last resort, but is used on occasion.

My first love is deer hunting (bow, muzzle loader, rifle, I do it all), I have all the cool stuff any hunter would want. I also enjoy bass fishing (have all the cool stuff for that as well) and just being in the outdoors. I don’t do much of the girly things (other than clean house)… just more of a grown up tomboy/redneck. I fit in better with the guys than the girls. I have 3 children, 1 son and 2 daughters (all of which are grown), I have a total of 6 grandchildren and am more than happy to keep them as long as it’s not hunting season. I can’t wait until they get old enough to take them hunting.

I have a wonderful husband who is more into bass fishing than hunting. Many times he fishes without me, but I hunt more without him than he fishes without me. This marriage is my second go round, and is very much better than the first. I’ll spare you all with the details of that part of my life, as about the only good thing that come from it was my children.

Where I get my paycheck:

I am the Controller for a company who owns/operates 4 medical relates businesses. An Imaging Center, a physician’s practice, and 2 online businesses offering various medical services (confidential lab testing and secure medical record storage). I handle many areas for these businesses; managing the staff, the financials, tech support, network administration, training, problem solver, etc. You name it, I do it. The physical operations of the companies are out of Atlanta, so I travel to Atlanta about 2 weeks out of the month.

How I ended up here:

I had purchased a couple of commercial trail cams to put on the property (the old tobacco farm) and just wasn’t happy with them at all. I was discussing them with a hunting buddy, he told me I should check into building my own. So, I searched the internet and found Hags House. I spent my first few months here just reading and trying to figure out if I could do it. I love a challenge, so I finally decided to take the big leap and give it a try. If I do say so myself, I have become a fairly good homebrewer. I’ve built 2 trail cams and am working on a video cam now. I’m addicted. This place is great! Most everyone here has welcomed me with open arms and I’m just excited as I can be to have found all of you wonderful people. Thanks Hags for having us!

Where I be:

Home is in middle Tennessee, just outside of Nashville.

I feel the need to update here. Not much of my original post is true any more. :lol:

Who I be:

I'm still a Mom.. can't change that and I never would. It's the one accomplishment that I'm most proud of. I've got 3 human children (2 daughters and a son) and will have a son-in-law soon. I also have my 'girls'.. 3 pure bred German Shepherds. I still consider my ex-step kids mine since I raised them as my own for 12 yrs but that's another story.

I'm still in the same place I was when I found this cool web site. I don't plan on moving for years and years, if then.

Where I get my paycheck:

I'm a Registered Nurse. I work in a busy Emergency Department in a medium/large hospital. 12 hour shifts, midnights. It's my first stint in the ER so I'm also doing some trauma and Critical care training to get myself up to speed. I'm loving EVERY minute of it. Well... almost every minute.. :huh: there are those moments.....

I haven't had as much time to build as I would like to lately but I've got the parts lined up and waiting for me... I hear them calling but too many years with someone that didn't do ANY maintenance on the house, yard, etc.. leaves other things that must take priority right now. It seems all that kind of work was always 'her' job. Well, she decided since everything is her job anyway, she can do it just fine all by herself and it will actually get done now. :P

I guess that's my update..

Anyone up for a roofing party?? I'll brew the beer, just don't push me off... :lol:

Edited by headnurse69

Who I Be

I be Don; aka DonMcJr, and that is a combination of my 1st and last name. I also go by CaptDonMcJr or Captain Don on other Fourms because I am a USCG 25 ton Master Captain (Boat) but I just keep paying the Government to renew it every 5 years til I can actually retire and start my Charter Fishing Business!

I am married to my beautiful wife Tracy, have 2 daughters I don't see much cause their mom (not my beautiful wife) is a Witch from Oz, the mean one with a mole and she put a spell on my kids so they think they don't like me...and I have a 14 year old Stepson whom isn't much into Hunting even though I try to get him too but that's of more Bucks for me lol!.

I love hunting, the outdoors, Fishing and building things. When I was a kid I too drove my parents nuts taking apart everything and putting it back together and I usually had parts left over and it still worked fine and remember telling my Mom I could save them money on less parts, LOL! I now live on 6 acres and have planted a 1.25 Acre Food Plot with my dad for them there Deer.

I have 4 Commercial Trail Cams and this cool...no COOL Tower Blind my Dad and I bult overlooking our Food Plot:

atvspreader.jpg

As you can see it really Does have Solar Power and yes that's a Wind Generator too! They both keep the two 12v Batteries Charged that run my 3 Foscam FI8905W Wireless IP Camera's that send a wireless Signal back to my Home Computer 500 feet away so I can both watch my Food Plots from my living room LIVE and Record it when I'm not around the Puter!

Here's a Screen Shot of my Computer, and yes that's my beautiful wife Tracy on our first date (we took things slow) but quit looking at her and check out my live feed of my food plot with Inferred at night!!!!!

3inoneIR.jpg

So anyhow...Them FoodPlot Cams are pretty cool but now I need me a new project...can you guess what I picked???

What I Be Doin’ Fo’ Payouts

I am currently a Pipefitter for Ford Mo Co and I wish I didn't haveta work but the darn bills make me...and in 5 years the Child Support will be DONE and I will be RICH! LOL!

How I Ended Up Here

I’ve always been a member of various forums for hunting and fishing bu Unfortunately, most forums and websites are overrun with fighting, bickering, cussing, boasting and agenda pushers. Very few forums are pleasant anymore, and JHP and Hag’s House have to rank as the most pleasant I’ve ever joined. Also because of this I started my own website a few years back...it's small but cool peeps... MichiganOutdoorsman.com

I am a meber of chasinggame.com and saw a video with sound from the DXG-567V and told meself I gotta have one and the price was high for me budget so now me's gonna try and make one!

Where I Be

I was born and raised in the cement city of SE Michigan...spend my whole life trying to get out and now I bought me my own piece of Heaven on 6 acres in farm country North a ways from where I was Born and Raised and I LOVE IT!

So that's me...Hello Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

Corn2.JPG

Welcome to hagshouse Don! Normally we try to warn people about this hobby, but it looks like it's too late.

Welcome, this is a great site with some really nice folks! Glad to have you join us!

Hello everyone, my name is Jeremy, everyone calls me J. I own my own buisness as a contractor, you name it, we can do it. Ive been married for 11 years now. Im from Erie PA and hunt all over NWPA, deer primarily, but Im attempting to train my Irish Setters to hunt birds. Im in the woods whenever I can be, checking cams, scouting, you name it.

Welcome to hagshouse J! You'll feel right at home here, lots of folks here share your passion.

Hi :) I am Richard (dick) E. Easton, and thus the MrRee. mystery ?

I have been around here a while but not as active as I used to be. (getting too darn old!)

I came here soon after Hags started the site from a site many of us were on. (won't go into that bit ) :) :)

I built a few cams myself back when I could see and still get around ok.

I lost an eye due to a thorn while deer hunting (my farorite sport) and have got my share of deer in the past.

I have bad COPD now and can't do what I love any more.

I come from norther Michigan and have done a lot of bass & pike fishing there.

I worked at Motan wireing back panels for plastic drying machines. I am retired now almost 10 years.

I am a Viet Nam vet and life member of VFW & AMVETS. I have been know to go there and drink a beer or two ocasionly :)

I have a place near Baldwin Mi with 10 acres of wooded land and the house overlooks a small designated trout stream. (allways loved trout fishing).

I am a snow bird now annd spend winters in florida where I have have a place in a senior park.

I still come here and read what the rest of you are doing even though I can no longer do them.

I am very happy to see how this place has grown since it's birth!

I wish all of you a warm welcome and good luck

Dick

Hello - my name is Lon and I'm located in Big Snow Country in the western tip of the U.P. of MI...monicker comes from nickname 'the Wolf' from the old days in the bars in Hurley WI when I would disappear hunting on the full moon and lookin' like J. Nicholson from that movie when I got a little shaggy. Quit drinking few years ago and have 2 wonderful kids - boy 3.5yrs and stepdaughter be 14 in may(teenage girls -oofta!) and trying hard to find time and ways to get outside more often with them(yeah -checkin' cams!)

-Been working as an independant contractor for quite a few years in Forestry and Land Management(mark timber, run lines, plant trees, build ponds and roads)...done some logging and carpentry and a lot of heavy equipment operating and still do all these at times. Need to get into a regular wages/benefits/retirement etc type job as the body is getting beat up(and I ain't even that old yet) but times is tough up here as anywhere

-Love to do just about everything outdoors and if I can't be hunting,trapping, or fishing(mainly steelhead, brook, and ice)...skiing(X and D.H.), snowshoing,or camping -well I like the pictures so got into trailcams and now homebrews(built 1st 2wks ago) and so I am here...

Welcome to hagshouse! Sounds more like you just need to hire some employees, rather than get a "regular" job!

Gotta have money for that...had to learn all the jobs just to keep up on the bills year round...lots of guys with those specialties looking for work so compensation is driven down by all the qualified unemployed competition. I actually haven't had good work in a couple weeks though I should be cutting on my brother's portable sawmill for hopefully some future money. Big part of the reason I'm putting so much time in on the homebrews right now...another month and a half and back to steady work if I haven't found something new before then. Hopefully the new mine goes in though it's going to ruin about 3yrs of my work out there, as my regular 'employer' sold 1100 acres to them for not wanting to deal with the traffic and noise on/around a recreational property...now will be settling ponds and various mining operations over most of it. Won't bug me so much if I can get a job there though either.

Welcome aboard Lon. You will find lots of helpful folks here so feel free to ask any questions you may have. Just a warning though, this hobby is very addictive but it sure is fun.