Sign in to follow this  
bat

Need A Light Weight, Easy To Use Centerfire Rifle

Well My first vote goes to the Rem M7 youth with a 18 1/2 in barrel.. My 9yr old took mine from me this year and shots it great. Don't let the 7mm-o8 youth status fool you. I also have one in a 700 that is my everything gun

I might have gotten into this conversation a little late, but here is the result of a Remington Model 7 in .243 at 225yds. Shot right through the heart... ran about 40yds. I really like this little gun! Nothing wrong with the .243.

post-55-1203684226_thumb.jpg

Tony thanks, I think I have gotten it under control.. just don't see any deer to shoot at and you have it made.. :P:lol: Just kidding, hey but I did go with a "Limbsaver" pad for my 270 and the reduced recoil bullets. But the only shot I have taken this season was with my 243 and afterwards I thought, hey you didn't even feel that shot. Missed the deer (only a nick), darn limb was in the way that I didn't notice, defecting the bullet. With only 8-9 days to go this year, now I have a whole year to get the shoulder even better. It's getting there, this one is about the slowest injury you can have to get back to full strength. Thanks, bat