treetop

Slavemaster Boards Now Available

26 posts in this topic

I recieved the boards Friday from the assembly house and I have been testing and working on them all weekend. I added the leads and the cds and photo transistor myself and it was quite time consuming. Yes 212 I have been sniffing solder fumes all day again :blink: . I did this to try and cut down the mistakes when connecting to the slaves and batteries. I am going to include a 100ohm 5 watt wirewound resistor for discharging the slaves capacitor and also the .47 ohm 2 watt resistor that should be used to protect the slave during charge. I am still working on a Pdf and should have it finished up in the next day or so.

I have plenty of these but want to start the sales keeping better control and track of them for the startup.

I am asking that you email me with how many you want and I will send a paypal request invoice to you Please no pms My email is info@bfoutdoors.com

The cost of the first run boards will be 38 dollars each including shipping.

A brief description of it and what it does

Simplicity

One 6 volt battery source needs to be connected to the Slavemaster Board

The Modified Vivitar Flash power wires will then be connected to the Slavemaster Board

The modified Vivitar Flash trigger wires will be connected to the Slavemaster board.

Turn the attached toggle switch on and it will begin working

Settings a 3 position DIP switch controls

1 2 or 3 flash cameras

2 refresh rates 8 secs every 10 minutes or 1 sec every minute

Size

1.25 by 2 inches

Basic operation

During the day it shuts down saving battery life and preventing unwanted day flashes

It can trigger during refresh and during charge even seconds after the last flash if the voltage of the flash capacitor is high enough and allows it.

There is a green led that helps let us know what part of the program the board is in At power up it will blink the number of flashes it will trigger on 1 2 or 3 blinks

Then if it sees it is daylight it goes to sleep and there will be no blinks of the led

If it sees Night (it checks this every 2 seconds ) then it will blink quickly once a second for 25 seconds to make sure it is really dark and not just a shadow or cloud.

If it stays seeing dark for the full 25 seconds then the led will come on solid showing it is charging the slave

Initial charge is for 18 seconds(Same amount of time as after a flash or night picture) I found this is what is needed if batteries are getting lower.

After the charge is complete the led will now blink once every 2 seconds showing that it is seeing dark and is ready for a trigger.

I had a assembled board outside and if the photo transistor is lined up perfectly(They are pretty directional) I can get 80 ft with a whiteflash P32 and with ir material taped over the flash I still got 60 ft or so

I have had a remote slave here running with 4 c cells(alkiline) Not sure how many flashes (Maybe a few hundred) but it has been on for 6 weeks straight now almost always seeing dark and I just checked the voltage and they are still showing 5.6 volts.

To end this long post

I know there have been some guys waiting for this and appreciatte your patience. I sincerly hope its one you will like.

I have to thank first Jags has gone the extra mile with this one. We never thought it would be so difficult. I think its perfect Thanks Clay !

212, Butch and Dkirk also helped me along the way and thanks to them also.

Ill attach a few pictures of them

post-74-1195441284_thumb.jpg

post-74-1195441339_thumb.jpg

Edited by treetop

Congratulations! Finally! :P I have a feeling these are gonna be gone in a flash :)

Edited by 212

Does this create a stand alone remote slave flash or does it have to be wired to the BF main board?

Edited by schooner72

No connections to the camera controler...it stands alone as a slave controller...can be in the same case as camera or used as a remote....however you want.

Yes The slave board can handle them with no problems Make sure you use the .47 ohm resistor between the slave board and the slave

what tells it to flash camera or board or what do you hook it up to to make operate and how long before it can take another pic. I have 1 p32 pix uni and 3 sss s40`s. what exernal flash is the best or recomend. and over all cost to put together 1 unit.

Dave,

what is the best flash you recommend for this board? (vivitar 2000, vivitar 2800, ect.)

Hulsey The Photo transitor sees your cameras flash and allows the slave to flash in sync with the camera second flash will depend on the recovery of the slave a 2000 flash could take 17 seconds to fully recover with weak batteries and the inline resistor so thats how long I charge them after a picture. If the batteries are good a second flash can happen as soon as 5 seconds later The slavemaster will try each time the camera flashes its the slave that needs to be at a high enough voltage that is the determining factor. Total cost I am guessing you are considering a remote unit I would say 75 to 90 dollars total.

Catfish I prefer the 2000 flashes I like the older swivel heads ones best but they arent easy to come by In my website there is a link to Ball Photo He bought out all of the remaining stock vivitar had and last I spoke with him he has over 1000 in stock. He wants about 18 bucks or so for them and they are new. Acrowe pointed me to him. not the easiest guy to get a hold of a phone call is usually best

Thanks to everyone who has sent a email for the boards I have sent money request to everyone who has asked for some and I will have anyone who has paid out in tomorrows mail I have been testing each one since its the first run from the assembly house so far they are all are working fine. Phew :blink: I plan to get these ones out in the mail and take a couple days off for the holiday and just work on the pdf so they are ready for when the boards arrive. If you want one go ahead and email me but it may be Monday before they get in the mail

Thanks all TT