• Announcements

• Badgerbuckhunter

Thank you note   08/24/2017

I receive this thank you note from Peggy Warden  Mr. Stadler,  I didn’t post this under announcements, but you can if you want.  Thank you very much for sending the card, money and letting the members know about Chris’s death.  The members on Hagshouse are a special group of guys.  I knew that you all have really big hearts from past experiences when I was helping with charity auctions, etc. But I didn’t know what to say when I got a card with a $500.00 check because Chris had been inactive for a good while now.  Thank you all for the money and the kind words that were written about him on the website.  It was a great comfort for our family to read through each post.  It is just amazing that guys, most of whom I have never met in person, hundreds of miles away, reach out to help with prayers and money.  Chris and I were very thankful for being able to have come to know allot of you through e-mail and phone conversations, being part of your website and running the store.  Life without Chris is the hardest thing in life that I have ever had to do, but it sure does make it easier to bear with friends like you.  There has got to be a big meeting place reserved up in heaven where all the Hagshouse guys get together.  God bless you all!  Sincerely, Peggy Warden P.S.  Chris had signed me up with the Hagshouse member name of “Methuselah”.  As some of you may know, Methuselah was the oldest person in the Bible.  Lol!  He did have a sense of humor.
    • Badgerbuckhunter

Tapatalk   09/02/2017

Please see posting in "Cabin" I need your help.

1stinky

Looking For Some History On Homebrewing

31 posts in this topic

The old days never died, there are still those among us that carry on with the real homebrewing...right Tinhorn...ratsnest...Brian...Jag...daddy_duncan...and...and...

My apologies to whomever posted this, because I can not remember who it was. All I know i it is from the 20's.

post-215-1203999952_thumb.jpg

Well I am pretty new to this disease and don't have much to add but I just want to say thanks to all who made it possible. I think what impresses me the most is how willing everyone is to help any way they can. When I started I posted a couple things I was looking for and had complete strangers send them to for nothing. I try to do the same for folks when I can, just to keep the tradition rolling. Carry on folks!

Those solonoids were loud as he$$, every picture I had from back then had the deer about 3' off the ground and in 4 wheel drive.

bwaaa haaa haa.. Goes hand in hand with 212's post :D

I stumbled across TNDEER.com one day, and saw about 30 pages of a post, all about trailcam building. Everyone was using the MS-20 motion light, and the OWL PF 35mm camera. i still have about 10 owl-pf's and ms-20's sitting in my office.

i still remember the excitement when I got my first cam working, and put it out.. My first pic was of a rabbit, and the next 24 were of the sun coming up :lol:

I'm content with my digital builds, and I am trying my hardest not to read any of the JAZZ threads..

I can honestly say, without this group of people here, I could have never dreamed of owning more than one or two trailcams, and enjoying this sport/hobby so much.. I honestly enjoy getting a big buck on film, just as much as pulling the trigger on him..

I have had the most interaction with Ghoot/Butch/Hags and can say they are second to none when it comes to helping a fellow out..

I started out with the Polaroid 35mm then the Owls which were the cats meow. Built my first for $40. When DBWORLD "discovered" the D370, I thought the worm had really turned, and it had. The wider spread use of digitals and the sequencing that they require, along with some slave flash requirements, really fueled the R&D and development that we see today.

Yeah "DBWORLD" is the one that made the 370 and 380 famous. Good memory HH, I couldn't remember that for anything last night. I remember that there was a little 35 mm fuji cam that worked pretty good too.

Yep, that fuji was what I started out with. I "think" it was the Fuji 33S, but I dont recall its been so long . Was a great little film camera . Sure I have a few still laying around. I am gonna try to pull up some of my old hard drive pictures and see if any of my old cameras are on there.

I remember my first well. Back in the day a 35mmm trail cam was in the 300 dollar range and I saw I could do one for about 50 bucks It was a 35mm owl af witha rs425 I about wore out Tinhorn on that one. Did 2 then I needed one fancy one with delays so it was a Ms20 owl pf Hags and Butch taught me alot and I got personal attention on the phone from them I couldnt believe someone I didnt know would go so far to help Still owe all of them pretty good bunch Thanks

Now look where I am and I really only wanted one cam

ohh yea I kept track of hours on my first Owl af with a no singing relay It was a Tinhorn speciallty 34 hours to complete but only had 50 bucks in it I loved it and was HOOKED Ouch

The old days never died, there are still those among us that carry on with the real homebrewing...right Tinhorn...ratsnest...Brian...Jag...daddy_duncan...and...and...

My apologies to whomever posted this, because I can not remember who it was. All I know i it is from the 20's.

This picture is awesome. As someone else said here, this thread has become a lot of fun as well as a chance for a huge thank you to all of the R&D you guys have done over the years! Keep em coming!

That was a cool posting, The history behind all of this is alot of fun to read. Thank you all for the dedication and hard work. :D

Im not skeered to show off my first 2 cams. 8 -9yrs old and still work. Thanks again to all you guys

post-311-1214272415_thumb.jpg

post-311-1214272443_thumb.jpg

I stumbled across this post and really enjoyed and I hope you all don't mind me bringing it back up for all of us new guys to enjoy. We owe a lot to you guys who got us to where we are today. Thanks.

I just remembered while re-reading this, building Tinhorns Two Stage Timer..i think thats what it was, had 2 555's on it?..man that was something, I had jumpers and wires soldered all over that board, that stuff was really fun to build, more just to see if you could and get it to actually work.

Some of you new guys really ought to go get an old PF Owl, dig up old files, run to Radio shack and build some of that stuff, it was much more satisfying.

Wow, this really brought back some great memories of some great times. just hearing some of the old names and looking at those early builds makes me long for some of the old times. I didn't get into this until about 2001 or 02 built my first cam from the PF Owl but when Brian came on the scene with his chip and timer I new these game cameras were really going to take off (as a matter fact I still have 2 or 3 of my first D370's and D380's with Brians original timer and pic out in the field) I still build the D380 cameras today, I don't think there is a much better camera.

I will admit I was one of the cheerleaders, I am not an electronics type guy but after being married for nearly 20 years i have learned to follow directions very well :lol::lol:

There are just so many people that contributed to this hobby to get it where it is today and there is no way to thank them all but you guys that are just getting into it should no many of these guys are still here and offer help everyday and I can't wait to see what turns up in the next 10 years or so.

Anthony

This gets bumped up every once in a while when someone stumbles into it, like I just did. Neat to see the history of homebrewing. There sure are a lot of innovative people involved in getting this to where it is today.