treetop

Show Your Jazz Build

I thought this would be a good idea to have a post with just all our different builds maybe add what components you used

Mine is a old 1060 case I patched old holes and did a 3d camo job on Its really a nice tight fit and I would say there is enough room left for some externals for the jazz if I wanted them

I used a homemade array in a small project box Covered the leds witha old piece of ir material I had

The battery is a 6 volt 2.8 ah lead acid and I have been surprised in how well it has held up

post-74-1204688917_thumb.jpg

post-74-1204688936_thumb.jpg

Treetop, I was just wondering if you could have mounted the array to the front of the case to cut down on the size? I am planning on using the same case and was hoping to use externals. Still looks like there is some room for 2C cells!

With that combination, no external batteries and the 2.8 ah battery for the array is this enough to fill the memory card? I guess I'm just curious to know if you need the extra battery for the camera or the array?

Thanks.

Just got done with the essembly and testing it out and I gotta say, what a great set up. Thanks guys for making this happen with this little cam.I'll test it out in the house for a bit and throw on a tree maybe this sunday. Also, the little cheapo sound mod is killer. The one I was trying from elec123 seemed too powerful even with the volume set low. Still need to play with that more, but I ended up picking up a cheap spyear off ebay to try out and it works really good for this set up. Runs off 1.5 volts, so I wired in a AA battery instead using the little watch battery it came with. Heres some pics...Had alot of fun building this one.

Jazzbuild014.jpg

Jazzbuild016.jpg

Jazzbuild018.jpg

Jazzbuild020.jpg

Jazzbuild021.jpg

man that is one nice jazz build awsome great work you deserve a big pat on the back for that one .......do you have the site from e-bay were you bought the spyear?

Very nice work on all the setups. :)

bowgod02, is that tree bracket made out of old sprockets from a bike ? pretty nifty idea......

George

Very nice work on all the setups. :)

bowgod02, is that tree bracket made out of old sprockets from a bike ? pretty nifty idea......

George

No, thats is called a bark biter bracket a couple guys came out with that was for sale a while ago. I had a couple lying around here waiting to be mounted on a cam, so I through it on.

man that is one nice jazz build awsome great work you deserve a big pat on the back for that one .......do you have the site from e-bay were you bought the spyear?

This is the guy I got the spyear from...

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-SPY-EAR-HEARING-AM...1742.m153.l1262

can you tell me more on how you hooked this spyear thing up understand how it works but how did you wire it to the jazz?

I happen to have a few of these spy ears laying around.

Do you just leave the spy ear in the box or did you modify it so the pickup is on the outside.

I am just curious how it picks up the sound from outside. But that is a darn good idea

This is how I hooked the spyear up in the case. I opened up the spyear and soldered in two wires to the battery contacts for an external battery supply. Then I took the earphones that came with the jazz and cut one of the earbuds off. There are two wire iside the one wire there and I spliced those two wires to the two wires inside the jazz that were going to its mic. Then I extended the mic wires on the spyear, drilled a hole in the bottom of the case, and glued in the mic.

Very nice BowGod, I was going to leave the Wally wold box intact in front of the IR LEDs, rather than cutting it out and replacing it with glass, (at least to test) did you do so, or just plan to throw the glass in as well. I am partially built, it'll take a while, I am just strapped for time right now..

That is a great looking unit for sure....

Edited by Grand River Zip