treetop

Show Your Jazz Build

Very nice BowGod, I was going to leave the Wally wold box intact in front of the IR LEDs, rather than cutting it out and replacing it with glass, (at least to test) did you do so, or just plan to throw the glass in as well. I am partially built, it'll take a while, I am just strapped for time right now..

That is a great looking unit for sure....

I didn't trythat out. I just planned on cutting it out right from the get go. I ended up mounting the IR glass to the radio shack box instead of the wally box.

Man, just when I have finally learned to paint by numbers...I mean build a camera...not this comes along...very awesome!

Mark

It looks like you did some work around the Jazz lense on the case. Can you describe what you did there?

Also, how did you build the battery holder?

It looks like you did some work around the Jazz lense on the case. Can you describe what you did there?

Also, how did you build the battery holder?

I just recessed the glass...1.25" bit to recess and a 3/4" bit for the hole. On the outside, the eyebrow I used actually came off a six pack of 1.5 oz baby formula you get from the hospitol when they send you home. I've had a few and used them on cams for the last year now and that was my last one. :unsure: They worked great too....

The batter holder I used Lexan glass from lowes to make. Just cut to size and used goop to hold it in place.

Here is my 1st Jazz build,1060 pelican case,Jazz with 6mm lens,4 C batteries for the 16 LED IR Array,2 internal AA with 2 external AA.This configuration is real tight but it does make for a fairly small unit to hide.I have a 1150 case that will probably get used for the next build.

Special thanks to Jaggermax and Treetop for sticking with it and perfecting the components!

post-5420-1204846663_thumb.jpgpost-5420-1204846768_thumb.jpg

bowgod02,

What battery are you using? How do you do the liquid nails?

Man thats a tight fit Boney. Good job!!! Looks like you have the BF standoffs on the array? I didn't think you could fit it all in a 1060, but you did it...

Boney, Great job! That is pretty much what I am planning on doing except using a sla instead of the C's. Very crafty mount of the BF and the array!

Thanks guys,I had to notch the array board to slide in against the standoffs of the BF board because the board is 2 1/4 inch long and only had room for 2 inches.The array is set on 1/2 inch standoffs(old arrow shaft).

I liked Dakota's build so much I pretty much copied it. SE-120, RS 1803, 6v SLA, IR material from Daryl to cover the array. It's a tight fit with the battery and jazz but it seems to be OK.

2008_0308_123932.jpg

2008_0308_124007.jpg

Looks good. My battery and Jazz don't touch but are about 1/8-1/4 apart. I mounted the shutter glass on the outside for just a little more room for the new lens on the Jazz.

Mike

I put a 1/4" piece of foam on the Jazz LCD and control panel. It's enough to keep any scratches and keep the battery from pushing any of the control buttons. So far so good. I can see where the mounting the glass on the outside would have helped some.

On my second build, Instead of soldering the jumpers, I wired in switches. Each switch will turn on or off 2 of the leds at a time. With all switches off, it only lights up 8 out of the 16 leds. This I think will work great for those real close setups where you don't need full power from the array...

strangecreature001.jpg

strangecreature004.jpg

Edited by bowgod02

Nice job Bowgod! What's your plan for covering the array? Please keep us updated.

I know that more than the 4 units in this thread have been built!!! Where are the rest of them? Come on folks, don't be shy.