treetop

Show Your Jazz Build

On my second build, Instead of soldering the jumpers, I wired in switches. Each switch will turn on or off 2 of the leds at a time. With all switches off, it only lights up 8 out of the 16 leds. This I think will work great for those real close setups where you don't need full power from the array...

I was thinking of doing that with my array. (I just ordered one from Jaggs a few days ago. It isn't here yet.)

I pulled the dip switch block out of an old garage door opener. Would it work to attach the resistors to only one of their pads and attach one wire to the other pad and another wire to the other end of the resistor with the switch between to open or close the circuit? I know I would need to be careful not the damage the resistor with movement of the wire. What size wire would be the smallest one could use to carry the current?

Here is my jazz build using a 1150 case with the array mounted on top to allow it to be adjusted for "light bounce." I chose the 1150 case because I already had two 6 volt, 9 amp sla batteries that I could use.

post-1368-1205883512_thumb.jpg

post-1368-1205883666_thumb.jpg

Nice builds, guys!

Vtreloader,

What did you do for Jazz's servo? What array did you use? And, (last one, I promise), what are the green connectors that you use called? I've seen them in several of your builds.

Mako,

What project box is your array in?

Anybody:

If you're using a microhone modification, what are you doing to mount the microphone? Is it waterproof?...please explain.

Thanks,

Cap

Nice.. Looks like he used the micro pelican case for the array and just cut an openeing in it for the plexiglass. Thats what I used on a few and it worked fine. Nice layout there!

Nice builds, guys!

Mako,

What project box is your array in?

[

Thanks,

Cap

It is a box I ordered from electronics123, I wanted to use as small of a case as possible and the radioshack box wouldn't fit.

VTRE,

Nice build. What case did you use for the array? Also, how did you set it up to allow for adjustment?

The array case is a Pelican 1010 case. A piece of galvinized metal bent at a 90 degree angle allows it to be bent either up or down to create the light pattern that I desire, usually tilted slightly down to "bounce" the light off the ground.

What did you do for Jazz's servo? What array did you use? And, (last one, I promise), what are the green connectors that you use called? I've seen them in several of your builds.
I didn't use a servo connector, the green blocks are PCB terminal blocks where the wire connections are made. The 16 LED array is one of jags that I'm using a light diffuser with.

There are some nice builds here Congratulations to all of you and Thanks for sharing it should help others quite a bit to see how everyone has done there builds

I didn't use a servo connector, the green blocks are PCB terminal blocks where the wire connections are made.

O.K. so the wires come out of the Jazz and straight into a terminal block. I don't have my Jazz yet and when I saw the where the wires are coming out of it, I thought you did one of your unique servo connectors (not that the use of terminal blocks isn't unique). I guess that's a little stress relief grommet that I see there.

Thanks for posting.

I'm hoping to see more for others.

Edited by CaptNasty

VTRE,

Is your light diffuser material similar to that used in overhead fluorescent lighting fixtures?

Yes it is, it came from a drop-in fixture in a suspended ceiling. I'm not sure that its the answer to reduce the spot light effect though. It does reduce it but the sample clips of testing I've done show it does reduce the amount of light which IMO reduces the quality of footage captured by the jazz cameras. I may have to try a different lens on the camera to improve on the quality, I really don't know yet. It just might be that I'm expecting to much from the jazz, trying to compare it to the sony video setups that I have.

well, I thought I'd post a few pics of my jazz builds so far, I forgot to order my fresnals so I'm still waiting for those. after there in I'll do my version of the LN camo.

these are both in walmart large with the arrays in the RS project box 1803's, both have externals and will finish up with the hpwa from sss. 1 has 16 led 6v array and the other an 8 led 6v array. I made some aluminum angle brackets that are attached to the case for the array boxes, this way I can adjust the angle of the light for optimum clarity. both have the glass recessed from the inside.

for some reason the limo tint did'nt stick and fell off so I left the array lens' clear for now until I find something else.

post-5014-1206326110_thumb.jpgpost-5014-1206326125_thumb.jpgpost-5014-1206326138_thumb.jpgpost-5014-1206326169_thumb.jpgpost-5014-1206326181_thumb.jpg

George

Edited by bulltalk.65