Sign in to follow this  
Jaggermax

Closing Ordering For Arrays For A Few Weeks

I have turned off ordering of the arrays for the time being. This last week has been CRAZY trying to fill everyones orders :blink: I have a busy week ahead at work and I will be traveling for next weekend for an interview. Looks like I may be switching jobs and moving and if that happens, I may not have a lot of free time in the upcoming weeks to work on boards.

I have shipped all orders that were placed (orders placed yesterday and today will ship tomorrow morning). I am also running low on parts again, so I need to keep what I have left as an emergency stash just in case some of you need replacment leds or replacment boards. I dont want to sell them all and then have someone that needs a replacment board waiting for 3 weeks while I get parts in.

So as of now, the shop is closed for a few weeks. I do plan on continueing to sell kits once I open up again, probably in mid early to mid April. I may or may not sell assembled boards later, just will have to wait and see how the new job goes. I will be putting another parts order in at the beginning of April, so if you want a kit off the next build, just let me know. Thanks to all those that have participated!

I bet you been seeing LEDs in your sleep! Thank you for all the work on this Clay, you and Dave have revived the video cam building :)

I thought you had found THE job, this next prospect must be even better!

Well, "The Job" is OK, very cool work, but it feels like I am starting all over again in my profession. I spent the last 15 years doing product development and design for mid volume and high volume manufacturing. Thats where my skills are, design, testing, manufacturing, etc.... Mostly electronic and mechanical design. Well, the job I have now, I am doing nothing but electrical engineering. I can do the job, but I kind of feel out of my element. I miss the "real" design I used to get to do. Here, I am basically fixing stuff that others messed up, nothing new or exciting. Another thing that has turned me off of it is that ....no offence to any military people..., but there are a lot of ex-military people that work for the company and their style...well, lets just say its different from anything I have been around. Lot of short tempers, lot of "holding onto" information and making you search for it, a lot of "us versus them" and a LOT of big egos to deal with. Just not my style.

But, the place I will be interviewing next weekend at is a state of the art engineering firm that specialzes in industrial controls, automation, robotics, machine vision, and a lot of other cool stuff. I will actually be inventing again, which is what I miss. Here is the company, http://www.hmctech.com/. Looks pretty cool in my eyes, cant wait to meet them!

Best of luck Clay and thanks again for all your hard work! I know what you mean about military hires. I went through this with a large company I worked for. I think they got a tax break for hiring them! Some were great...most did exactly what you said! Again best wishes!