bulltalk.65

Project 3 Eye's

23 posts in this topic

Very impressive! I was think of using an old coffee can lol...

How set are you on using an S40? If you are going to have this a day only video cam, the Jazz might work? I understand they have a power off problem on them, but they also have an auto power off after 3 minutes of no activity too...right? The shape would lend itself to a taller skinny case, maybe made to look like a stump? hmmmmm....I need to go look at a Coleman lantern and see how clear the glass is :)

I figured on making it day only to start with, but had thought that I could add a driveway alert to run an array or some type of white light set to the side, above or behind project 3Eyes for night shots, I think that would work don't you ?

as far as the cam go'es, no I really had not made up my mind yet. I have a bunch of s40's and p32's and just figured on using one of them to start with, but had not thought of using a jazz (have plenty of them too...) so that may be a better choice and would really work well with my case design. so that may be the way to go. I guess I'll have to see if I can make things work first though huh !!! LoL

George

post #15 has the concept pics........

I'm back on and am ready to start the adventure/project that has intrigued me for a long time.......so here we go guys.....whoo hoo.... :D

Bump...

Well, time to get back on it.

Need to build the control board then I can start working on the build itself.

I have most of the code (untested or working yet) written but will need to do some serious refreshing with the picaxe manuals since the chips are upgraded now since it was written for the 18x.

Anyway, I'll try to keep this updated as I do things.

😉

IMG_20180506_151624.jpg

IMG_20180506_151631.jpg

Edited by bulltalk.65

Wow , has this been on the go for around 10 years?

Edited by Jonnie Wilson
Fat finger failure

On 5/9/2018 at 3:33 AM, Jonnie Wilson said:

Wow , has this been on the go for around 20 years?

Lol.... Not 20 but around 10 years. I bounced for awhile.

Had seriously over worked myself as a manager running 2 portions of a large business doin 12 to 14 hour days 6 days a week for a few years, had major burnout, then lost my job to the economy downturn, went thru a divorce, lost my house and went belly up financially so all this stuff went to the wayside for a long time.

It took quite a few years to get back on track and stable again.

Then in 2016 had the bad cancer diagnosis so am now on permanent disability because of the damage the chemo and surgeries caused so am basically retired now so I have WAY TO MUCH time on my hands..lol

Originally They gave me a 45%  chance of getting in another 3 to 5 years but they changed that after the 2nd cut n stitch to 30% so I want to try to do some things that I either never finished or wanted to do.

I'll plug away at it, I have the board layed out, just have to get the mind set of getting the iron hot and start wiring it. The rest of the basic layout is in my head so that part will be pretty easy. Getting the soldering done is the hard part now since my hands (fingers) are numb from the chemo.

I think I have around 90% of the code done, just need to sit down and get it all put together and tested once the board is done...lol

Edited by bulltalk.65

15 hours ago, bulltalk.65 said:

Lol.... Not 20 but around 10 years. I bounced for awhile.

Had seriously over worked myself as a manager running 2 portions of a large business doin 12 to 14 hour days 6 days a week for a few years, had major burnout, then lost my job to the economy downturn, went thru a divorce, lost my house and went belly up financially so all this stuff went to the wayside for a long time.

It took quite a few years to get back on track and stable again.

Then in 2016 had the bad cancer diagnosis so am now on permanent disability because of the damage the chemo and surgeries caused so am basically retired now so I have WAY TO MUCH time on my hands..lol

Originally They gave me a 45%  chance of getting in another 3 to 5 years but they changed that after the 2nd cut n stitch to 30% so I want to try to do some things that I either never finished or wanted to do.

I'll plug away at it, I have the board layed out, just have to get the mind set of getting the iron hot and start wiring it. The rest of the basic layout is in my head so that part will be pretty easy. Getting the soldering done is the hard part now since my hands (fingers) are numb from the chemo.

I think I have around 90% of the code done, just need to sit down and get it all put together and tested once the board is done...lol

Geez mate you've had your fair share of knocks... more than most I'd suggest. 

Great to see your getting on with life and still getting enjoyment from making cams. 

7 hours ago, Jonnie Wilson said:

IGeez mate you've had your fair share of knocks... more than most I'd suggest. 

Great to see your getting on with life and still getting enjoyment from making cams. 

Thanks John...

Well I learned the hard way with letting things get to me and how much it effects you in everyday things.

Life is good now, I have a completely different mindset these days so it's a joy to just wake up every morning and hear the birds chirping, God has a way no matter how bad it may seem.

I'm an outdoor guy and grew up hunting and fishing and spending lots of time in the mountains because of my dad, sure do miss him.

It is a blessing to be alive and every extra day I have to enjoy it, is just amazing.

Was working on the code for this project for a couple hours yesterday, it's looking like I'll have my hands full since the old code isn't working with the new chips which kinda stinks but it is what it is...lol

Edited by bulltalk.65