Robert Boyd

Sss Board Problem.

I built a camera for a friend a few months ago and he has just now gotten around to putting it out. When we turned it on on Saturday, it had black boxes in two rows all the way across the screen. After a few seconds, it would say refresh, turn the camera on and then off and go back to the black boxes. The screen then goes blank and nothing happens. Anybody ever had this happen before?

I increased the voltage to the LCD a few months ago, and that causes the black boxes, which are normal. It should say "Refresh Camera" and turn the camera on for 15 seconds or so, and then turn off, like you say it's doing. At that point, if you have the motion kill switch off, you should be able to hold the "Mode" button for 4-5 seconds to get into the setup and then set the advanced settings for the camera. If you have a board that has the "Show Count" option in the advanced settings, leave it off. It has caused some false trigger issues.

Gary

It's the older chip without the counter or movie mode. I've been playing with it some. It turns the camera on and off twice with black boxes appearing before and after the first time refresh appears. Refresh appears twice on the screen. When the screen goes blank, like it's ready, and I press and hold the mode button, black boxes reappear and stay there. When I turn the power button off, you can see words flash for a milisecond just before it powers down. We have three boards and this is the only one acting like this. Strange. Do you think it could be the chip causing it?

I have one that does almost the same thing, older chip also. But after all the black boxes it show a whole bunch of letters, numbers and symbols. Almost looks like some kind of program review or LCD test going on. Then if I keep trying it will go into the settings mode and seems to work fine.

I have one that does almost the same thing, older chip also. But after all the black boxes it show a whole bunch of letters, numbers and symbols. Almost looks like some kind of program review or LCD test going on. Then if I keep trying it will go into the settings mode and seems to work fine.

Resolder the battery pack to the board. I had one doing that and that fixed it.

I messed with the board some more last night and made a few more observations. If you turn the motion detector on, the camera will come on and take a picture about every 15 seconds. I also notice that with the black squares on the screen, I was able to look across the screen at an angle and was able to barely make out words on the screen. I was then able to get into setup and check the settings. I put it in walk test mode and pointed it straight up at the ceiling and turned on the motion sensor. The red led would blink every few seconds without any motion around it. I think it has something to do with the chip. I checked the solder connection from the battery.

Gary, do you think I could get another chip and see if that fixes the problem.

Edited by Robert Boyd

"Gary, do you think I could get another chip and see if that fixes the problem. "

Yes, we can try that, but I think it's a low current/voltage issue too. Tell ya what, I'll send an extra board too just in case and money to ship the other board back. That way you can get this cam in the woods sooner. Email your address to me and I'll get it on the way.

mail@snapshotsniper.com

Gary

"Gary, do you think I could get another chip and see if that fixes the problem. "

Yes, we can try that, but I think it's a low current/voltage issue too. Tell ya what, I'll send an extra board too just in case and money to ship the other board back. That way you can get this cam in the woods sooner. Email your address to me and I'll get it on the way.

mail@snapshotsniper.com

Gary

Now that's Customer Service right there. That's why I use Gary's boards. Excellent product and super support. :)

Edited by epox

Now that's Customer Service right there. That's why I use Gary's boards. Excellent product and super support.

Thanks for the comments guys. I just wanted to throw out there that I have dealt with all three of the other board makers in some way or another, and they are all great to deal with. (but keep buying them boards though) :lol:

Gary

Edited by ghoot

Hmmmm...different font. Who posted that...Dave or Mark...naw, I bet it was that Darrel :roll2: