Sign in to follow this  
Beaver Lodge

Pic Size Reduction Tips ?

Beaver if you are running XP see if you have the Windows "powertoys" on your computer. One of them is a picture resizer that is easy to use. Just right click on a picture and click on the resizer. Go here if you need it.. http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloa...ppowertoys.mspx

I don't know if it will work with another version besides xp though..

If you're running Vista, I downloaded ( free) Prish Resizer, works well.

Try this one.....Resizer I like the Power Toys for XP but I have Vista and of course nothing is compatible with it!

Ran into the same problem trying to resize my photo for posting. My daughter sent me to a wesite www.picnik.com and it is very easy to use and free. Saved to my favorites so I can pull it up for future use.

I post my pictures using Photobucket so I can leave them bigger and have more in one post. I use Picasa 3 to view my pictures then just use that to email them to photobucket. Emailing them seems to work better for me then downloading them. It has options to resize them when sending in the email. So does 2 steps at once.

You can also re size pictures in the paint program. Open picture in paint and then click on the image tab, select stretch and skew and then change your horizontal and vertical percents. I like to save them with save as - instead of just save, this way I can keep the original size.

Try this one.....Resizer I like the Power Toys for XP but I have Vista and of course nothing is compatible with it!

There is one out there for Vista too. Works exactly like Powertoys for Xp but goes by a different name. I can't remember what it was called (found it in a google search) but i have had both and am using the Vista version now.

For those who don't know, it's as simple as right clicking on your photo, and click resize photo. It gives you 3 or 4 sizes to change it to, small is default, and creates the resized photo into the same folder. 2 clicks and it's as simple as that.