yetinme

Casio Z80

18 posts in this topic

I cut a case and took this to the woods this weekend for one night and I got this buck on it. I made a really small flash opening but didn't use any flash gasket material. I want to make the hole bigger now and see what happens with the flash.

The settings are 800 iso (I could go to 1600) and nothing else has been touched on this except resizing. I think it looks better full size but size limits

The buck is over 30 feet away and as you can see I took a lot of time to clear out brush in front of it before leaving (actually had a helper but I won't point fingers) :P

Camera appears to be under 2 seconds day or night but I am still waiting for the batteries to go dead to see.

I attempted a IR hack this evening and now I am looking for a new lens assembly but only because I was stupid. I think the IR will actually be easy if it will focus.

Mod document coming right up!

Mark

post-150-1224561494_thumb.jpg

Nice work Mark,

I'm very interested in seeing how long the batt lasts.... it sounds as if we have (may have) a new cam to play with huh !!!, that thing also looks very small for some nice compact builds... the hack looks simple.... and the picture looks great for 30 ft and the tree taking most of the flash....

looking forward to seeing the final go ahead with this little guy,

George

Edited by bulltalk.65

Awesome work Mark...I'm interested too to see how long the batt goes for too. Mod looks not too bad, as does the pic qaulity, and fixed focus is a winner as well!

Might be looking into this one if the battery life pans out.

Pred

I'd have to say you are a much better camera hacker than brush clearer :yessmiley:

Good find on the camera! It reaches out there pretty good!

How much are the z80 going for and how many pixels?

Thannks

Jim

How much are the z80 going for and how many pixels?

Thannks

Jim

i looked on ebay and 150-200 bucks and is 8 megapixel

wow that is big bucks to me .

Thanks Jim

You can get them for about $100 if you watch them. If you use buy it now about $110.

Mark

How is the testing going? Do you have an update. Thanks Jim

Testing is going good if the dang deer would cooperate. I left if up North until Thursday and I will hoepfully have some deer pictures on the food plot. I finally killed the first battery and now I charged up a replacement battery and I will try to see how long it lasts.

I like this camera, cases are cut, ready to start selling a week or two. If someone wanted it now I could make it happen.

Mark

Do you have any updates and, or pics how much will the kit cost without camera, holes punched/the whole nine yards. Would the hack be very difficult for a first timer?

Thanks Jim

The hack is pretty easy and the kits will be the same price as the W35 kits. I am testing battery life now but I ordered a battery from Hong Kong and not sure I got a very good one. It is supposed to be better than the original but doesn't seem that way. I had it going for 2 weeks in the cold and still seemed to be okay.

Mark

looks like the price now on ebay buy it now is 89 to 94 dollars