Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
buckshot164

Sony W5 Backlight Fuse Location

26 posts in this topic

That makes sense to me. That ground turns the whole lcd off. It is on high on the lcd brgihtness setting. it is hard to see but I can make out some of the settings screen. Okay so that puts us to f002 or no ground.

post-2126-1232946534_thumb.jpg

Edited by buckshot164

How did you know about the 8 .5 volts for the lcd screen

8.5 I just saw that going to the LCD probably not correct. Here is a shot in the dark. I was looking at an old board here and I see what looks to be a fuse and reads 0 resistance like a fuse. It is from the tracing right from the Batt- to the mounting pad that the (Correct me if I am wrong, it's been a while) lens is on one side and the metal mounting plate for the Backligh/LCD mounts to the opposite side with screw. Looks like the fuse would put negative on the LCD assembly. The one I have reads 0 Resistance from the Neg at the top where the Batt's ribbon connects to the square where the screw goes through. Maybe try to read from Batt- with the batteries out to the LCD housing. Should read shorted, 0 resistance. Just a guess. I don't see it on the print but it's obvious on the board.

post-5460-1232944310_thumb.jpg

I got it. I found another fuse. I don`t know how you are able to put those lines in the picture. Could you do this for me. I soldered a bridge across fuse and it is working great now. Follow the paper pointer. I forgot to put the picture in.

post-2126-1232946580_thumb.jpg

post-2126-1232946778_thumb.jpg

Edited by buckshot164

I got it. I found another fuse. I don`t know how you are able to put those lines in the picture. Could you do this for me. I soldered a bridge across fuse and it is working great now. Follow the paper pointer.

Where was it? Was it the one I pointed to or another. Follow the paper pointer? Did you send a pic?

That's great :) glad you got it going. Those Camera Tech Manuals are hard to follow. I thing Level 3 would have shown you the fuses on the main board.

This is the fuse, Correct? I do the lines in Adobe Photo Shop, some time Microsoft Paint.

post-5460-1232947556_thumb.jpg

OK I'm out for tonight. Glad you got it.

Edited by TCSCOUT

Man that was some fine investigation I am glad you guys got it. You two sure do have some patience Congratulations

Man that was some fine investigation I am glad you guys got it. You two sure do have some patience Congratulations

Man, you still up. Doesn't anybody have to work Tomorrow? I don't :lol: But I'm going to bed so I can bowhunt in the AM.

I am off and I work second shift of a 12 hour work day. I sleep during the day. Thanks for putting the red arrow in the pic for me. Future reference.

Edited by buckshot164