Sign in to follow this  
crumbe

Weird Problem...what Am I Doing Wrong?

Got an answer from the picaxe forum

Welcome to the PICAXE forum.

I tested the code on the 5.2.2 simulator and it does appear that the device code for INFRAOUT is being simulated as if it is a pin number for the 08M. Whatever device code is specified, that numbered pin is blipped on INFRAOUT execution. We will investigate that further and apologies for the inconvenience.

From testing it looks like "INFRAOUT 1,x" will always return pin 1 to what level it was if an output so the best workround for now is perhaps to try and ignore the erroneous pulsing on pin 1. If using pin 1 as an input, place an extra "INPUT 1" after the INFRAOUT.

Alternatively, you can use "INFRAOUT 7,x" which will avoid the pulsing being seen, but don't forget to change that back to "INFRAOUT 1,x" for running on real hardware.

How about that, all that time PM'ing back and forth trying to figure out what was set different on yours than mine. Glad to know what the problem is. I think I will not update this just yet. I may want to load the new one on a different computer. Hope they fix it. Thanks for letting us know what they said.

No problem....

Thanks for working with me Roger....I know you had to be tired last night!!!

Thanks for the verification on the software and help

I went ahead and pinned this because it might help others too, thanks! Once they fix the issue I'll un-pin it.