Sign in to follow this  
bearhunter

1020 Homebrew Security

Is there anybody making security boxes yet that would house a 1020 box and enable you to chain it to a tree ?The pass-thru / cable lock combo isnt cutting it...or should i say...its too easy to cut it !

Bearhunter

In my opinion your better off to take the cam to a local machinist (not machining company) and explain to them what you want. In the long run it will be cheaper than paying for some one to make it and ship it. Or if you have a hack saw and some muscle, buy the angle iron at lowes and cut out a frame and stuff then have some one weld it for you.

Killet ,

I'll try to get a picture out to you today.

Bearhunter

Pics of my homebrew for Killet.

post-2784-1237893659_thumb.jpg

Edited by bearhunter

nice cam, how would you feel about using 2 lag bolts thru the cage to fasten to a tree then inserting the cam and locking it, the lag bolts wouldnt be seen once the cam is in the cage. Ive been building some cages like that, they are going to be a beast to get off a tree. Let me take a few pics tonight and see about getting them on here to give you an idea. I dont have one made to fit that 1020 case but it wouldnt be a problem for me to change my dimensions to make it work.

Ok I'm a newbie metal worker :) The base of the box uses 2 lag bolts to secure it to the tree, you can see the 2 pipes on the back, the 5/8" dia rods on the top part slides into those. I'll attach the rest of the pics in more posts

post-314-1237936008_thumb.jpg

Pic shows where the lock goes, I dont have a hole drilled for it yet so I stuck the lock shank behind the rod, I'm debating on using a masterlock trailer lock like this one http://www.masterlocks.com/item.asp?CID=747

I think I can make this in any size really, or anyone should be able to make them if you can cut metal and do a bit of welding. The box looks large on this because I made it so the cam could be tilted to adjust angle for aiming.

post-314-1237936872_thumb.jpg

Edited by Killet

That looks real nice.

Its to bad we have to protect what is rightfully ours to keep it from becoming wrongfully theirs!!!!!

Thx, yeah I put mine out mainly on public land so keeping the honest ones honest is a big part of getting the cams back

That is very good security cage

Jim