kevro

Ohiobowhunter - Finally Resolved!

Wow I thought you had probably heard from him by now. That's just not right. Sorry!

That is too bad, no matter the problems someone has they need to follow through with shipping what you purchased.

I just cant see dan doing this in no way. I bought a cam from him arround the same time you did and recieved mine shortly after buying. I have to agree with the one that said afraid maybe he is not in the same house hold anymore. I know he was having medical issues earlier. Really hope he is alright and that you atleast get your money back. would hate to see a problem like this turn you away from homebrew cameras. Good luck.

would hate to see a problem like this turn you away from homebrew cameras. Good luck.

don't have to worry about that. I have several.....both bought and made myself. So much better than the commercial cams.

I agree with Chris, in my heart I believe there is something wrong here. Dan was a really nice and helpful guy to a lot of folks even when he was having some tough times with his own cameras. I'm thinking there is a serious problem somewhere. I would truly like to know myself, maybe I will just make a call or two to check on him.

I agree with Chris, in my heart I believe there is something wrong here. Dan was a really nice and helpful guy to a lot of folks even when he was having some tough times with his own cameras. I'm thinking there is a serious problem somewhere. I would truly like to know myself, maybe I will just make a call or two to check on him.

Yeah, I agree,the ones of us who have known him on here for years keep defending him because there just has to be something going on we dont know about.

Ok, so I've definitely waited long enough. I try contacted him pretty regularly with nothing, so now I guess I'll call the local police department in his area and see if they can help with this. I've never had to do this and was hoping not to ever experience it, but I guess nothing else will work. Anyone here have any experience with this kind of thing? Anything you can tell me about it? What do I need? thanks

Contact the police, explain the whole thing to them, point them to this thread, ask if they can send someone around to check it out. Dan was a stand up guy when he was active on here, he'll either make it right with an explanation or you can pursue charges to get your money back. it sux but what else can you do?

Let us know what you find out, i would like to know what is wrong with Dan.

I'm shocked to be reading this thread ...from reading his posts and following his topics he seems like a stand up guy. I sure hope Dan is ok and you get what u deserve.

I would not be worried about contacting the police he did this to me when I sold him a video camera and sent a cashiers check for payment wich I never received , must of got lost in the mail, when I tried contacting him through p.m,s and phone it never resulted in a responce, he had a buddy of his who was on the police force do a check on me to make sure I was legit and my addresss awas correct, well to make a long story short finally we got the problem figured out and I got paid, but it took some time

I would not be worried about contacting the police he did this to me when I sold him a video camera and sent a cashiers check for payment wich I never received , must of got lost in the mail, when I tried contacting him through p.m,s and phone it never resulted in a responce, he had a buddy of his who was on the police force do a check on me to make sure I was legit and my addresss awas correct, well to make a long story short finally we got the problem figured out and I got paid, but it took some time

So how could this ever get straightened out if I don't contact someone (police)? Obviously he isn't going to contact me and it's now been almost 6 months since I paid him.

I think I mentioned somewhere, I bought one of his slave flashes just before he departed, he was very nice and friendly. Unfortunately the slave flash self drains the batteries in 2 days and I've been unable to fix it. I don't think it was intentional sale of a faulty product, things happen. I was hoping the builder would help me fix it, but haven't gotten any response.

I think he's just had enough.

Not sure how much $ you sent with no return of a product ?

If you're not willing to let it go, you have a couple of options short of calling the police. Of which I don't think would do much in a he said , she said.

1. Write a respectful but direct letter requesting the return of the money you sent him since he didn't ship what you purchased. Include the paypal receipt and copies any communications you have from start to finish on the transaction. State you need to be reimbursed within 30 days. Send the letter certified, signed receipt required and keep a copy. You can get the address from a couple of places.

2. Find a small claims attorney in the city and have them file a small claims on your behalf. If you win, the cost of the counsel can be added to the claim, if you lose, you have to pay the attorney. They're going to want upfront payment. They might write a demand letter for a lower cost, but that cost is not recoverable. Its the cost of "principle and satisfaction".

3. Find a free legal clinic and see if they will write a letter.

Seems like a lot to go through, I just chalked it up to the things that happen in life that don't go my way.

I still really don't think this guy meant to do anything wrong or engage in a scam, life threw a curve of some kind.

Good luck.