Sign in to follow this  
strut&rut

Nikon D60 Digital Slr Camera

Anyone own a Nikon D60 Digital SLR Camera? Looking at getting my first SLR any help ?

Haven't used a D60, but got a D40 a few months ago and really like it. It's my 1st SLR though. My only disappointment is that it doesn't do video. To my surprise, that is common in SLR cameras. If I were to do it again, I may save more and get a D90 since it does do video. I found this comment in a review for the D90 "World's first SLR capable of recording HD-resolution video"

Here's the review:

REVIEW

Gary

Edited by ghoot

I own a D80 and I like it for the most part. Its intimidating for me since I know nothing but Point and Shoot cams. I chose it for its price and quality. I figure I can learn with an upper middle class camera since I am working to become a good amateur photographer. I also looked at the D90 but the g/f said no(and women say we are cheap). The biggest complaint I have is the cost of a good lens. I have a 70-300 Sigma DG and its just not enough reach. If you can get a kit from a camera shop with lenses go that route. They give you a bunch of crap you wont ever use also.

Hold out a little longer.4/14/09 Nikon announced a new 12MP DSLR thats is a cross between the D60 and the D90.

It wont be avail for a few weeks but its called the "D5000.It will go for about $729 body alone or $849 with a small Vibration reduction lens.The cool thing about this DSLR is it also take movies just like the Very expensive D90.

Go to www.nikon.usa and check it out.I'm thinking about selling my Nikon D50 and buying it.Darn ,wish i hadnt just bought that Sony dvr650 hybrid camcorder.Ask me is my D50 is for sale ,might give you a good deal with it and a lens.As usual my camera gear is in great shape and works as new.See my pics posted here before.

BH