• 4 months later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, Travis, Vic or Tony, or whomever knows this stuff.......

I have my new repaired computer back with windows xp and a new hard drive installed........

question,

I hooked it up and I get nothing, no internet....what do I have to do to get it up and running....I'm on comcast high speed internet......since I'm so computer illiterate, I'm going to assume it has to do with install drivers or settings but I'm so dumb when it comes to these things I will need help or a walk thru of what I need to do in order to get it up and going...

any help will be much appreciated..

George

Edited by bulltalk.65

You should only need to plug the Ethernet Cable into the Ethernet port on the computer.

thats what I thought but it did not work, it said something like no internet available, I'll hook her all back up tonight and get the exact information as to what it says or is saying the problem is......

Hi George,

Since you have a new OS loaded on a new HD yup it could be network drivers or maybe a static ip was setup by whoever repaired your computer.

1.To check on the drive RT Click on my computer> Manage> Device Manager. Look for a yellow question mark or something that stands out. You may have to click netework adapter to expand it. What do ya get?

2.Check the network card setting RT click on My network Places> Properties > RT click on your network connection > Highlight Internet Protocol click properties > Make sure Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS automatically are selected. What cha get?

----

It could be a variety of other things too. send me a message we could chat about it if needed.

Best of luck

Travis

Also do this for me. Connect the network cable. Wait a couple minutes. Click Start>Run type CMD click ok. A command window will open. Type what's between the quotes "ipconfig /all". Copy and past what you get here in a code box.

thanks guys....

Travis, I'll try everything you said tonight and see what happens......I have to write down the instructions then unhook my old one then plug in the new one, if its not workin yet then, I'll have to unplug the new and put the old one back on to reply back...lol

actually, I'll just print off your reply here at work so I have it with me when I make the swap ....I didnt get a chance to mess with it over the weekend..

computers are so fun..... :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

Did you get it going bulltalk? Inquiring minds want to know.. :P

well bat, no.....I actually have not messed with it since Travis gave instructions, I have so much stuff on my old one and am on it and using it all night so just have not taken the time to do it.....

thanks for prodding me, I will print out the instructions from Travis today and do it tonight and see what happens.... :rolleyes:

thanks for prodding me, I will print out the instructions from Travis today and do it tonight and see what happens.... :rolleyes:

Hey that's just something I "am good" at doing! :D:lol: