egbertdavis

Show Your Dxg Build

368 posts in this topic

I'll get this thread started. Here is one of my early DXG builds. 1060 case/clays 16 LED array/kit98 with a pipethrough.

post-5910-1244029094_thumb.jpg

post-5910-1244029161_thumb.jpg

Edited by egbertdavis

Here is another on. I have 4 more (1 in a wally box and the other three in 1030), but they need LN done, so I will post them when I get them all done. Anyway, this is in a 1060/Treetops new array/kit 98 for sound with 1.20 fresnel mounted in Gary's HPWA mount.

post-5910-1244029461_thumb.jpg

post-5910-1244029670_thumb.jpg

Edited by egbertdavis

This was my first DXG build, a big thanks to treetop for the R & D. It made the DXG hack real easy. I used 6 one-watt luxeons with 2 Coldfusionx LED Drivers for the Array because the Bigfoot 8 LED Arrays were not in existence. The control board is the Bigfoot Board, with 2 Sister Boards, 1 for the Array and One for the Kit 98 Pre-Amp. It has the HPWA Fresnel from SSS. The Microphone is the one that came with the Kit 98. The lens on the DXG (as treetop suggested) is the BB224 from Electronics 123. I removed and relocated the battery holder from the Bigfoot Board and cut out the battery compartment from the front of the DXG to get the Camera closer to the case. The Array and Pre-Amp are run off of 6 “D” Batteries. There was not room for a pipe through so I gooped a ½ in SS pipe on front of the case and covered with liquid nails. I have been very pleased with the Video and battery life seems to be really good. Below I'm posting 4 pictures of my build along with 1 day and 1 night video.

post-5460-1244163533_thumb.jpg

post-5460-1244164257_thumb.jpg

post-5460-1244164306_thumb.jpg

post-5460-1244164381_thumb.jpg

th_FILE0008.jpg

th_FILE0003-1.jpg

THE END :D

Edited by TCSCOUT

Here is my first one...its part of my Video transmitter build....not finished yet...but should be soon.

DSC04939.jpg

I have great news. I just tested my DXG hack and all works correctly! I have my Lexan cradle with 6 wire modular contact and it works. So now I have to put it into my 1060 case. My lens hack works perfectly and it is perfectly aligned and focused. I am so surprised; I thought for sure the lens would be off.

I have it set up to fit correctly, but how do I secure the standoffs to the case? From the photos I have viewed, you are drilling holes, but I also see threads on the standoffs and glue. Before I drill, I thought I would ask what the suggest way to get the standoffs secured to the case. Do you actually screw in from the front into the holes? Looking at Dave's DXG from the front of the 1040; I don't see any holes in the case.

Maybe I will have my first DXG build ready to show and field this weekend.

Thanks!

I dont drill through any more If I use my prealigned bracket I have no need to but when I use Ghoots lens and 3/8th standoffs I use my template and mark all 5 holes with a awl then I drill the fresnel hole 1 inch for that Then I just drill shallow holes ine the case but not alll the way through for standoff studs I cut the head off the swews and just let a little stick out Next I screw the loose tandoffs to the board and make sure the studs drop in the shallow holes If its all good I goop the bottom of the standoffs and the studs and stick the board down Let it sit over night and remove the screws and you can resume the building

I think I have a pic showing it in my last DXG picasa webfolder

thats a great unit for a "first" one p26pursuit...wonder if that tabletop was a result of working on the cam..hahaha

teebo

177 cases and three years( only did 15 cameras in that time)to get the parts for the tabletop.

Here is the latest one. 1060/BF board/ kit98/ BF array/ modular connectors. Glad I finally got around to doing one with the modular connectors. As expected, makes it a nice neat build/appearance. Stole Treetops shelf idea. Almost finished with a 1040 that I am plagerizing from him as well. Makes on sweet compact build. Debating on whether it will be a modular connector or servo build.

post-5910-1244419693_thumb.jpg

post-5910-1244419711_thumb.jpg

post-5910-1244419721_thumb.jpg

Edited by egbertdavis

That look really nice Ron, and I'm just not rubber stamping here. Looks like your best build yet, maybe? What holds the DXG in on the modular contacts (DXG in place)?