egbertdavis

Show Your Dxg Build

Thanks, Roger. I was really pleased with it until I realized I had cut the board hole wrong, so that looks a bit sloppy. The eva foam on each side holds the camera in place.

These DXG builds are just getting better and better!!!!

Ron that one is sweet!!

This was my first DXG build, a big thanks to treetop for the R & D. It made the DXG hack real easy. I used 6 one-watt luxeons with 2 Coldfusionx LED Drivers for the Array because the Bigfoot 8 LED Arrays were not in existence. The control board is the Bigfoot Board, with 2 Sister Boards, 1 for the Array and One for the Kit 98 Pre-Amp. It has the HPWA Fresnel from SSS. The Microphone is the one that came with the Kit 98. The lens on the DXG (as treetop suggested) is the BB224 from Electronics 123. I removed and relocated the battery holder from the Bigfoot Board and cut out the battery compartment from the front of the DXG to get the Camera closer to the case. The Array and Pre-Amp are run off of 6 “D” Batteries. There was not room for a pipe through so I gooped a ½ in SS pipe on front of the case and covered with liquid nails. I have been very pleased with the Video and battery life seems to be really good. Below I'm posting 4 pictures of my build along with 1 day and 1 night video.

post-5460-1244163533_thumb.jpg

TCSCOUT!!!!!!!!! Sorry but I can't help it, But I just have to giggle when I see your DXG wearing my Grammas home made sweater, LOL,

Don't fret though my camo jobs are much worse so maybe I'm just envious

Boss Hog

Thanks, Roger. I was really pleased with it until I realized I had cut the board hole wrong, so that looks a bit sloppy. The eva foam on each side holds the camera in place.

If you mean the hole where the BF on/of and dip switches are, you can cover that up some later. I think it looks nice.

Hey DXG guy's, when you get time, post your builds, gotta be some more out there? treetop?

EGBERTDAVIS,Thanks for the the advice to go and build this unit, I lost all incentive to build this unit after I saw the pink video,but after starting the build I could not stop until it was up and working.It is now on a tree in my back yard.THANKS

This is not my typical build. Normally I have a large case with duel cameras and lots of wiring. Decided to go small with one, maybe the next build will be more my style. I wanted this one to put on scrapes and rubs. DXG in a 1020 case, Bigfoot Controls and Array. It's wired for a Kit 98, the Sister Boards and LED driver are under the 3 battery holder. I pulled the wires out of the Servo Plug until I get a Kit 98 board to put in, that is if I can get it to fit? If not then I will wire the DXG to a external Mic.

post-5460-1244663441_thumb.jpg

post-5460-1244663529_thumb.jpg

post-5460-1244663593_thumb.jpg

post-5460-1244663645_thumb.jpg

TC,

wow, that is really nice in a 1020....

Doh, you beat me to it!. In my 1020 layout, I have the kit 98 fitting, but barely. My battery layout is different and I am using a shelf with the kit98 and sister boards below. I was just waiting for my 1020 camo case to get here.

That sure is a sweet looking build.

Now that was doing something Very nice build

Doh, you beat me to it!. In my 1020 layout, I have the kit 98 fitting, but barely. My battery layout is different and I am using a shelf with the kit98 and sister boards below. I was just waiting for my 1020 camo case to get here.

That sure is a sweet looking build.

Very nice, TC. What size standoffs did you use with the BF board and HPWA to make it fit?

Thanks treetop, I tested it indoors and it looks like it will be plenty of light, I won't be able to give it a real test until the weekend, working nights again :angry:

Ron, I'm pretty sure I can get a Kit 98 in there, if I have to I can solder the Caps on the end of the leads and lay them over, just have to slide an insulator over the leads first. Also maybe if I want more battery power I could cut out rectangles on the back and recess a couple of project boxes on each side of the mounting bracket. I have the sister board mounted and wired for the preamp under the battery pack, the DXG is Six Wire Hacked for Sound and Externals but I took the wires and pins out of the plug until I get the Preamp.

Ocmulgee Ogre, I used the 3/8" standoff from treetop. But like treetop showed us in one of his builds I took the battery holder off the Bigfoot Board and moved it to the side so it would all fit in.

Roger....awesome as usual...

I'll take two...thanks!!!