egbertdavis

Show Your Dxg Build

368 posts in this topic

Thanks guys, TC you are right, many, many hours on this one "no telling how many" and filter does slides vertically. Wondered if you may have a link for those IR filters may try on a 503 build? 212 I would be none of those things if not for all of the questions you and others answered when I first started this adventure. posting a vid I got this morning I may need to tweek focus a bit but not bad.

http://s1027.photobucket.com/albums/y340/m...nt=FILE0001.mp4

Thanks guys, TC you are right, many, many hours on this one "no telling how many" and filter does slides vertically. Wondered if you may have a link for those IR filters may try on a 503 build? 212 I would be none of those things if not for all of the questions you and others answered when I first started this adventure. posting a vid I got this morning I may need to tweek focus a bit but not bad.

http://s1027.photobucket.com/albums/y340/m...nt=FILE0001.mp4

Looks to be working pretty well!

Here is the post with the filters I bought. I don't think they have them listed anymore? It's hard to find large IR cut filters for a good price.

http://www.hagshouse.com/forums/index.php?...c=47003&hl=

Thought I would share a few pics of my first DXG567 build,the case is a new one I found down here a MTM case guard BF control board and sister board BF array 4 c,s for the array and 4 aa,s for E.P. and pipe through.

I still need to tidy up the wiring but wanted to make sure it was working first as I hard wire all my builds.

I also used the shelf idea off here which worked a treat.

A big thanks to all those who have posted their builds and E.D. for his great tutorial

I have started to plan the next build which will include a kit 98 and exchanger as I found that a bit to daunting for a first build

All thats left now is to do a 3d camo job and set it out over a preach or wallow.

Any feed back ideas suggestions would be appreciated

Cheers Robbo down under

DSC04634.jpg

DSC04635.jpg

DSC04636.jpg

th_dxg567006.jpg

I am mostly finished with my DXG125 Build. I just need to add my buck puck when it comes in and paint it. I was anxious to see how it did outside so I put it on a tree with some corn on the ground. I'm happy with it.

Build Details:

DXG125

BF Board

123 Exchanger

Spy Mic

C externals to the 125

12V for the Array, Spy Mic and the Exchanger (using 5 rectification diodes to drop the voltage to the exchanger board)

10MM LCD Board from Rick Gray

30 10mm 940nM LEDs from EBay

Walmart Box

Here's my first outdoor test vids. It switches to IR once the lighting drops off.

Linky....

I'll post pics of the build once it's painted, but beware..it sure doesn't look as nice as some of the ones I've seen here. B)

Joe

(on edit: had to reduce the number of diodes from 7 to 5 in order to get reliable operation of the exchanger in cold weather.)

Edited by joebiodiesel

My 1st DXG 125

Ok, I am done with this build, just about. I need to focus camera, place foam on cam to bring it back away from glass, yet to be installed. Thats it.

Wally box. Excellent camo by Rodney (modeclan) Thanks bud :!: :tup:

BF video board

BF array

Kit 98

Joe's QDM

Electronics 123 exchanger

3 C cells for external power

12v to power everything else

It has been a long time in coming for the completion of this build. I was done a couple weeks ago

but then ran into exchanger problems. Wound up being a cold solder joint. Thanks to Ron (egbertdavis)

for helping me and all the guys that have developed the the boards and wiring. I have one more to

do like this. Hopefully it won't take so long.

DSC00917-1024x768.jpg

DSC00912-1024x768.jpg

DSC00920-1024x768.jpg

DSC00914-1024x768.jpg

DSC00915-1024x768.jpg

Nice build, I can see why it would take a while to get done. Your going to have some fun with that setup, the 125 is really fast.

After going through this post I know why I never did my 567 builds! No way mine would look this good, and we know if it doesn't look good it won't work good. :ph34r: