egbertdavis

Show Your Dxg Build

368 posts in this topic

So where to you attach the modular male connectors? Just stick them to the case itself? I dont remember the shelf method; I will have to go back and look.

Here's a link where he shows the shelf. I attached my modular connector to the shelf and run the wires out the bottom. Go to post #14 of this thread and you can see a picture.

http://www.hagshouse.com/forums/index.php?...34623&st=15

Edited by egbertdavis

OK. I finally finished my first DXG. It's IR with Kit 98 sound in a 1040. I haven't finished fully testing it but it works good so far.

post-691-1245367166_thumb.jpg

post-691-1245367178_thumb.jpg

post-691-1245367192_thumb.jpg

post-691-1245367205_thumb.jpg

Here is the work in progress. I'd like to thank everyone who helped me with this. The wire diagrams and pictures of other builds were great.

post-691-1245371182_thumb.jpg

What did you make your shelf out of?

OK. I finally finished my first DXG. It's IR with Kit 98 sound in a 1040. I haven't finished fully testing it but it works good so far.

Very Nice Job! Hope to see some nice videos from it.

Looks very good sir!!!!

Its really amazing to see all of this in a 1040 case. That is really impressive. And they look so clean. I cant wait to try a 1040 build next.

that is one neat well put togather unit.. you should be very proud of it..it reflects a lot of thought and planning.. nice job..

teebo

Thanks for the complements guys. I really can't take much credit for the design. I just copied what I saw others had already done and I thought looked good. I made the shelf out of a piece of scrap plexiglass I had laying around. I just sanded it and painted it black. The pipe through is a 5" piece of 1/4" inner diameter plumbing pipe. It did take some thought to make sure things were going to fit and line up properly when it was all done. I haven't worked out how I'm going to attach the shelf to the inside of the case yet. I wanted to make sure everything was working properly first. I'm thinking some stand-offs cut to the proper length will work well.

You all give something great to aspire to. Just cutting plexiglass so smoothly with curved corners.... I will be happy if I can just get a stright edge!

Here is my latest in a 1060 case with locking bracket, and obviously some bear protection. I like the 1060 cause it lets me use D externals, but it would be nice to fit it in a 1050. I also came up with another style of bracket using channel steel, I'll post that after my next build..........Scott

DSC00910.jpg

Edited by scott63

I have never seen a case so rugged. That is great! I have had bear attack my cameras before; in one case, he put his claw through the lens glass; but just missed the camcorder. My Pelican cases so far have not given in to being destroyed, but I can see your idea would certainly add that extra protection you would want. It looks like that tube extension you have on your lens will keep the bear claw from penitrating the lens glass so easily.

How did you shape the steel that you wrapped around your case?

Here is my latest in a 1060 case with locking bracket, and obviously some bear protection. I like the 1060 cause it lets me use D externals, but it would be nice to fit it in a 1050. I also came up with another style of bracket using channel steel, I'll post that after my next build..........Scott

DSC00910.jpg

Scott that is awesome! nice build.

By the way, are you using the DXG mic?

Edited by bbahunter

post-5460-1244663593_thumb.jpg

TCSCOUT,

Very impressive build as well as very innovative!

Edited by bbahunter