Vic

My $20.000 Plus Car Project

39 posts in this topic

Thought I'd post this here.I've been working on my 1979 Camaro Z2/8 for a year now and almost complete.Next will be to rebuild the engine with more radical components.Here is a link to some pics.

Z2/8 Camaro site link

Pic Link

Pic Link

Looks great Vic...nice job...

I'd love to do a car from the ground up someday...congrats on your success.

hags

Vic That sure is beautiful and looks to be turning out great. I cant imagine that there will be a nicer one around. Ill bet you are proud

Congradulations

Thats a sweet lookin car there Vic. Alway loved those 2nd gen Camaros.

Had me a 69 and an 80 Camaro. Gotta admit, i loved the 69 better, but it just got too expensive for me. I couldn't stand letting it sit and not putting any money into it. I spent more than i could afford.

Have fun cruisin with it.

Thats too cool!!!! Brings back memories, I owned one, I bought when i got out of highschool, It was a 79 dark blue with no t-tops.Sold it when I got married and had kids. Man I wish I still had it.

nice ride. always did like camaros, any year. gonna have to baby the fender paint when you do up the mill. nice job on the upholstery.

Decals added and wheels.............Almost done.................... :D :D :D :D :D

post-180-1249692330_thumb.jpg

post-180-1249692337_thumb.jpg

Sweet!!!!!! Lots of hard work & time there. You got to be very proud.

Nice car !

Now I'm adding disc brakes to the rear--what a pain this is............having to make some brackets for the parking brake cables..After pulling the axles out,I'm going to replace the posi unit with an Auburn unit-much stronger....I guess when ading new stle stuff to older cars--this kind of things happen................I'm going to be adding the wireless key fobs for the door locks next and rewiring the power windows circuit using all relays to keep them from running slow....14 volts going to the motors.............. :D :D :D :D :D Here are a few pics.................. :P :P :D :D

post-180-1252240198_thumb.jpg

post-180-1252240206_thumb.jpg

post-180-1252240215_thumb.jpg

More pics :D :D :D :D :D

post-180-1252240276_thumb.jpg

post-180-1252240284_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vic

Car sits like above--have not had the time to do anything to it with the way I'm working..Hopefully things slow down on the work and I can get back on this................................ :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: