1. pelican 1060

2. bf board

3. bf sister board x2

4. bf array

5. kit 98 pre amp

6. bb 224 lense

7. wide angle fresnal from sss

8. 1.25" glass

9. servo wire (not sure what size)5 without externals for the dxg 6 with externals?

10. dxg

QUESTIONS

1. Am i forgeting anything?

2. Any idea how long battery life is on dxg itself WITHOUT externals.

3. Also does the kit 98 need it own seperate battery supply?

4. Can SOMEONE EMAIL me the pdf for the hack etc. Thanks in advance!

Maybe 4 of the 3/8 Mounting Standoffs with Screws to mount the BF board. PT 1100 tape to mount the Array. The Kit 98 will work from 6 to 12 volts so you can use the same batteries as the array. I have had to change 2 Kit 98's to their own 9 volt transistor battery when using a 6 volt array battery but have not had any problems with the 9 volt array setups running the Kit 98 too. It should work on the same battery but as you know you need 2 sister boards. I don't know about the battery life without externals, I only have one like that and have not tested it for battery life. I will let someone else take that. I don't have the PDF either, I'm sure egbertdavis (Ron) will send it to you. Enjoy the build, it's a lot of fun.

PM me with your email and I'll get you the .pdf. I get a little over 2 hours worth of video on the DXG batteries using 4 or 8 gig card. Add some 1/2 eva foam to your list as a gasket for your lens so there is no bleed.

Edited by egbertdavis

LIST

1. pelican 1060

2. bf board

3. bf sister board x2

4. bf array

5. kit 98 pre amp

6. bb 224 lense

7. wide angle fresnal from sss

8. 1.25" glass

9. servo wire (not sure what size)5 without externals for the dxg 6 with externals?

10. dxg

QUESTIONS

1. Am i forgeting anything?

2. Any idea how long battery life is on dxg itself WITHOUT externals.

3. Also does the kit 98 need it own seperate battery supply?

4. Can SOMEONE EMAIL me the pdf for the hack etc. Thanks in advance!

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong because I'm waiting on my stuff for my first build. You need the bb233 lens and the 224 base. A 510 to 680 ohm resistor for the kit 98 and different mic if not not using the one with the kit. Battery holder for what ever your powering the array. Your securing device whether it's eyebolts or pipe through.

You do not need the BB233 lens or mount, unless you are trying to do it the way TSCOUT did. I think, and he can correct me if I am wrong, but he now uses the method that I described where you cut the barrel off of the BB224 lens and glue that to the DXG mount.

Dave, that is the first one I sent out and is hard to see. I will get you the good one tonight.

You do not need the BB233 lens or mount, unless you are trying to do it the way TSCOUT did. I think, and he can correct me if I am wrong, but he now uses the method that I described where you cut the barrel off of the BB224 lens and glue that to the DXG mount.

Ron is correct, I used his method the last 2 I did. I would just get the 224 and use the cut and glue way. But I would make sure that you remove the lens holder from the camera and keep the Camera (CMOS) away from the glue until it is dry. You don't want to get any glue or anything on the Camera's CMOS, so wait for it to dry some or fully before putting the modded lens holder back on.

O.k. so I am clear. You use the 224 barrel after you cut it off and glue that to the existing DXG mount and then screw in the 224 lens? Then you mount the new lens assembly back to the camera?

Dave, that is the first one I sent out and is hard to see. I will get you the good one tonight.

Hey Ron can you email the clearer one to me also. Pm sent

Ron Please send it to me I just uploaded my hack pics to a picasa web album. I do need to add description but thats another time as I need to get off to work. I added Rogers newer ir hack doing it by using my dremmel to grind the base off so the clean factory edge is still there I just clean up with some fine emery cloth when done.

Lots of pictures for guys to look at quickly and I think I like this sort of hack better than a PDF

http://picasaweb.google.com/djsmbutter/DXX567V#

Edited by treetop

Those look good!

I don't trust my self with the dremel to make clean cuts like yours, I'll stick with a hacksaw using the base as a guide.

The only thing different that I would suggest about the IR hack is to put the lens into the ring first and then put a ring of goop around the seam. This way, no goop will get to the base of the mount and into the lens space.

I used Fletch tight Figured it will set harder I like the fact that one the edges are rough from the dremmel and 2 by glueing down to the base it can really set hard

I updated the album I still had a few I wanted out of there

http://picasaweb.google.com/djsmbutter/DXX567V#

Edited by treetop

O.k. so I am clear. You use the 224 barrel after you cut it off and glue that to the existing DXG mount and then screw in the 224 lens? Then you mount the new lens assembly back to the camera?

Is the above correct?