Sign in to follow this  
crumbe

Want More Bark Biters!

I got my hands on a couple of these and I really like them...and if anyone else has some they would part with I will take em

Thanks

Edited by crumbe

They are nice, I have 2 that I am using. I would like to see someone produce those again too.

What Crumbe can't take, I will.

I must have missed it somewhere. Crumbe, what are Bark Biters? Tim

They look like bike sprockets cut into thirds and mounted on the back of the cams.

Couple questions, who owns the right to the design of them?

Who sold them?

Anyone got a blueprint or can make a blue print?

Guys if we get print, I work at a metal fab. shop, and can look at cost to do a bunch, just let me know.

there is a paten pending stamp on the back of the two I have....Im not sure who used to make them...but I would be interested in getting some more if not to expensive....

Im sure someone on here can remember who used to make them

RSMITH & Myself were making the Bark Biter,,,,,, It was Ryans design & I was making them. I had a stamping die designed with the intention of building it to mass produce the bracket. Unfourtunantly, things have gone way south here in MI. and Iv'e been working several job's to keep things afloat.

I don't have any more & the guy who was CNC machining them for me went out of business.

If Ryan doesn't have a problem with someone else making them, I don't. I wish I had the time & energy to get back to making them, they really do work great.

I'm really surprised & somewhat flatterd that people still want them.

Best of Luck Guys

BUG

I'm really surprised & somewhat flatterd that people still want them.

Best of Luck Guys

BUG

I think they are real nice, I have 2 and would like to see them available again. Nice design, light weight but strong.

Edited by TCSCOUT

They look like bike sprockets cut into thirds and mounted on the back of the cams.

Who sold them?

So it's a different design mount? Tim

Who sold them?

So it's a different design mount? Tim

This is the bark biter bracket in this post:

http://www.hagshouse.com/forums/index.php?...t=0&start=0

Or this pic:

post-5460-1249958193_thumb.jpg

Edited by TCSCOUT

Here's a blueprint. I've made a few by hand for myself, but sorry too much work beyond that! I thought this design would really take off when we first made them.

BarkBiter32.jpg

DSC00932.jpg

I'd suggest using a filler beneath the edge of the bracket before tightening to prevent warping the case. I attach with goop and let dry. Then drill the case and finish with pop rivets. They are adjustable and very secure. Never had one off kilter even with racoons crawling over them.

AHHHHHHH the memories Ryan. Just reading these post & pictures bring back such fond memories of when we started this little project. :P:P:P

I can't promise anything guys, But I'm layed off this week. It looks like it's about time I start checking into seeing if this project can be kept alive. So if anybody has a rich uncle who needs to dispose of some cash,,,,,let me know.

Like I said,,,,,no promises

I'll let you guys know how it looks.

AHHHHHHH the memories Ryan. Just reading these post & pictures bring back such fond memories of when we started this little project. :P:P:P

I can't promise anything guys, But I'm layed off this week. It looks like it's about time I start checking into seeing if this project can be kept alive. So if anybody has a rich uncle who needs to dispose of some cash,,,,,let me know.

Like I said,,,,,no promises

I'll let you guys know how it looks.

Sorry to hear about you being laid off. We had a guy from Michigan move to Maryland and took a job in the power plant that I work at because he could not find a job. He has a Master Electricians License in Michigan and is now a power plant operator. He said thing are pretty bad there. Good luck, hope thing turn around up there.

Sign in to follow this