Sign in to follow this  
irbowhntr

Toshiba Tv Any Help

This is the closet to a tv forum to choose from ....Any how I have a toshiba 46hm95 dlp tv that has a loud humming or buzzing from the back. I checked the cooling fan for the bulb but it is good. the bulb seems to be putting out good color when the tv is on. When I had the cover off to check fan it seemed like there was a transformer or ballast buzzing but I have no idea what is there..... Itaught I remembered someone here talking tv stuff any info would be grateful.... RON

It's been awhile since I worked on TV's and never seen one with a cooling fan in it LOL

is the hum more of a Squeal?

there is a Horizontal Output Transformer (Flyback transformer) in the set that sometimes squeals, it's a high pitch hum and the older I got, the less I could hear it LOL

also there is is high voltage "Tripler" that the Flyback feeds than can get a hole burned thru it and it will sometimes squeal, it puts out 30,000 volts to the big red wire going to the pic tube (I think you called it the Bulb) and the 30,000 can leak out to ground, usually sounds like frying bacon sort of.

also, the picture tube will have a "Yoke" on it's neck that can squeal. Thats usually a mechanical thing and sometimes can be glued with caulking or whatever to tone it down.

the other stuff would have to be replaced.

Long Distance TV trouble shooting is hard to do tho so all this is just guessing

Tin

Yea the humming doesn't sound that bad to me it is noticable , howevewr the wife cant stand it. must not be loosing hearing like me..... Yes it is a loud humming / buzzing ...It is not a tube tv... It has a replaceable bulb (no help 169.00 ) and what they call a light engine and a buch of other stuff... I was hoping the bulb was going out but that was not the case... Thanks for your input I apprerciate it....RON