Sign in to follow this  
wildebeast

What A Place To Live

I checked some cameras I had in the high country Monday. Could see four different mountains, Rainer...Adams...St. Helens and Hood from one place and then hiked down hill for hours to check the cams over some very steep terain. From the photo, I started from the rock peak in the middle of the picture and zig zagged around the rock bluffs using elk trails. This is just over an hour from my house. Did get a nice bull elk photo.

The next day my wife and I went to the kite festival at Long Beach, WA...the longest beach in the world. This is also just over an hour from the house. From Mountains to playing in the ocean and the weather was fantastic.

cliff

post-280-1250706305_thumb.jpg

post-280-1250706442_thumb.jpg

Best of both worlds there. If I was on kite beach my kite would be the one that tangled all the other kites. :lol:

Thanks for posting.

Thanks for sharing Cliff! I'll probably never get there, but at least I can see it through your camera lens :)

Wow beautiful.

I had the pleasure of visiting the area when I lived in Northern Oregon way back in the 70's and I still miss the NorthWest

Thanx for bringing back some memories Cliff. The only place I seen that matched the beauty was just outside of Cooke City Montana in the Bear Tooth Mountain ranges

Tin

Something I will only get to see in photos so keep them coming.. :)

Definately brings back fresh memorys for me since I spent many of 4th of july weekends and messin around at marshes museum and bein at the Rod runs in long beach, lots of taffy at the salt water taffy shop too.......LoL..........love the mountains of the pacific northwest, theres no place I'd rather be right now then sittin at dogshead on the south east face of mt. ST. Helens.....or climbin around in the ape caves :) ...I have Climbed both mt.Adams and mt ST. helens, never made it up Rainier and to many climbers die on Hood for me..........good climbs if your into it though....

where are you located Cliff, it sounds like your around castle rock/kelso/lonview area ?

nice pics Cliff, thanks for sharing....

Edited by bulltalk.65

Sounds like you know your away around this area pretty well Bulltalk. Climbed St. Hellens a couple times myself...picked blueberries all around Adams and where I had my cameras set.

I live in Castle Rock, built a new home on the Tower road on the Toutle River, salmon fishing right in back of the house, caught many steelhead in my life also.

Speaking of the beach, I remember riding my horse into Mary Lou's and ordering a half case of beer and never got off the horse during the Loyalty Days Parade. I've slowed down some since those days but still try to be busy.

I set my cams in the mountain area for bulls and did get several nice one's.

cliff

post-280-1250820794_thumb.jpg

WOW Cliff, small world....I lived in vancouver for 36 years and I know the area and the road you live on very well, I have a relative in your area............and you bet, there's no place better for steelhead and salmon except maybe the kalama or washougal but its slowed quite a bit in both the past years for steelhead.......... as far as mary lou's, haha, I have spent many of eve's havin some cold one's in there, use to be a great place....

not sure if you have done it or not, but when the huckleberries are ripe for picking, while out hiking take a little sterno stove with you, a little bit of sugar and pick about 4-6 cups of hucks, put them in a small cook pan on the sterno stove and add about 1/3-1/4 cup of the sugar and let it cook down while stirring, in about 20 minutes you have some awesome fresh cooked un-canned jelly or syrup for toast or pancakes, nothing better while up hikin or camping.......

and yep, the bulls are plenty too, nice pic.....sure am gonna miss elk huntin up there this year....

sure do miss it up there,

George

Edited by bulltalk.65