Getting In Shape Next Year

Thanks for letting us know and let him know he is in our prayers.

Beaver Lodge, I'm really sorry to hear about your brother. Our prayers, here at our house, will sure include him. Thanks for thinking of him and letting us know.

I hesitate so even mention it...but.

Would it be a bad thing to have a grand prize winner? First, I don't know if it is allowed, and second, I would definitely have to ask Hags first. I just want an opinion at this point.

My personal time line is within 4 months. I'll begin officially on Jan 1 and end on May 1. That gives me a good 4 months. If I don't succeed, well I'll have to extend it, because I WILL do this.

Chris.. you should have started this last year!!! I lost a little over 50lbs in the last 7months. I probably cant join you, but would be good for some moral support. If I can do it, anyone can!!! Slow and steady is the way to go. Also, I was motived by a biggest loser contest with some cash prizes. Start up and entry fee an throw a few bucks to the winner and second place and you will be surprised how motivating it is. It is truly life changing. Oh, and find a good tailor! I now know mine on a first name basis!!! :lol:

I'm in. Haven't been on a scale in awhile but know I'm just a ham sandwich from 225 at 5'6" which is way too heavy. I've been needing to start for awhile now so this looks like the perfect time to start. Thanks guys.

MC.

Seems I won't be in on the weight contest. I'm 5'11 and 175, not bad for 65. I would not recomend anyone of you doing deep knee bends or putting any pressure on the knees, it's a bad excerise.

cliff

Me either wildebeast. At 5' 9" weighting in at 165-67 lbs. and 65 years young is good for me. I've been down to 145 lbs. in late 07, I don't want to go there again. :P

But I can give you a lot of moral support and helpful things to help you if you need them. I got a bunch of healthy but not so fatting snacks if you guys get to needing them. I quickly found and made me a list to control my weight. I think I have it on an excel file around here somewhere listing all the numbers for each one of them. Read those labels gentlemen, and remember some "Low fat" stuff is not as good for you as one that is not. "Low Sodium/Low Fat" is what I look for.....

You want a good Banana Split you can still enjoy... let me know. Very tasty if I may say so but very low Fat.

Edited by bat

Hello, first off I want to extend mine and my family's deepest regrets and well wishes to Crazy Canuck and his family. Maybe we could donate the money collected to him as having had a couple cancer survivors in the family I am sure he/they could use it.

Second, I just joined the site today and would love to participate. I stepped on the scale at a whopping 3## and am only 6'00 tall.

Welcome to hagshouse Flatbroke. Before long you will look back and realize you only thought you were broke when you joined, these trail cams will eat your last dime :lol:

Flatbroke.. I assume you are the same one from TOF??? Welcome to the site..

Bruce.. what are you talking about??? You look great for 30 years old!!!! :D

Flatbroke.. I assume you are the same one from TOF??? Welcome to the site..

Bruce.. what are you talking about??? You look great for 30 years old!!!! :D

Thanks Larry, but we know the truth.